Medical practice management software (PMS) can also be described as a category of medical software specifically designed for the healthcare sector to deal with the day-to-day operations of medical practices. Such healthcare software enables users to secure patient schedule appointments, demographics, perform billing tasks, maintain lists of insurance payers and also helps in generating reports. It can also be termed as practice management system.
Globally improving medical practices, advancing technologies and moving focus towards ensuring patient comfort and convenience is expected to drive the market demand for medical practice management software industry during the forecast period.
Geographically North America held the highest market share of global medical practice management software market. Practice management System market growth in North America is primarily driven by best in the class healthcare sector infrastructure, advanced facilities, higher penetration and usage of technology to streamline the diagnosis. North America was tailed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Europe is the second market revenue generator for practice management software and it is followed by Asia-Pacific which is the third largest market for medical practice management software market. Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest market growth, owing to rapidly increasing healthcare infrastructure, increased spending, government initiatives and growing focus on better medical practices due to growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region.
This report provides depth analysis on the global medical practice management software market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. This report also imparts an outlook on the market drivers, market trends, market value, prices, restraints, worth, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global medical practice management software market.
This report segments global medical practice management software market on the basis of product type, delivery mode, end-users, and regional market as follows:
- Medical Practice Management Software Market, By Product Type: Integrated, Standalone
- Medical Practice Management Software Market, By Delivery Mode: On-Premises/Desktop-Only, Web-Based, Cloud-Based
- Medical Practice Management Software Market, By End-User: Physician, Pharmacist, Diagnostic Labs, Others (Nurse Practitioners & Radiologists)
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis and an outlook of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the medical practice management software market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- GE Healthcare
- Mckesson Corporation
- Medical Information Technology, Inc. (Meditech)
- Nextgen Healthcare Information System, Llc. (A Subsidiary of Quality Systems, Inc.)
- Vitera Healthcare Solutions (Greenway Medical)