1. Protein Expression Market – Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Protein Expression Market– Market Forces
4.1.1. Development in the arena of proteomics and biotechnology industry
4.1.2. Growing adoption of protein-based drugs over non-protein-based drugs
4.2.1. Higher cost of research and development of biotechnology products
4.3.1. Emerging economies
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Protein Expression Market– Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Protein Expression Market, By Expression System
6.1. Yeast Expression
6.2. Mammalian Expression
6.3. Algae Expression
6.4. Insect Expression
6.5. Bacterial Expression
6.6. Cell-Free Expression
7. Protein Expression Market, By Application
7.1. Cell Culture
7.2. Protein Purification
7.3. Membrane Proteins
7.4. Transfection Technologies
8. Protein Expression Market, By End-User
8.1. Academic Research Institutes
8.2. Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
8.3. Contract Research Organizations
9. Protein Expression Market, By Geography
9.1.7. Rest of Europe
9.2. Asia Pacific
9.2.4. South Korea
9.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.3. North America
9.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
9.4.2. Rest of RoW
10. Protein Expression – Market Entropy
10.2. Technological Developments
10.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
10.4. Supply- Contract
11. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
11.1. Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc
11.2. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
11.3. New England Biolabs, Inc.
11.4. Life Technologies Corporation
11.5. Takara Bio, Inc.
11.6. Merck Millipore
11.7. New England Biolabs, Inc.
11.8. Promega Corporation
11.10. Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
*More than 40 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights
Protein expression is defined as the process for the development of amino acids or proteins within the cells of living organisms. Protein expression includes three process, namely, translation, transcription and post-translational modification. Globally, development in the arena of proteomics and biotechnology industry, rising incidences of chronic and autoimmune diseases, rise in the awareness among people regarding protein expression, increasing focus on research and development process, growing usage of protein expression technologies in industrial protein manufacturing organizations, and rise in adoption of protein-based drugs over non-protein-based drugs are the prime growth drivers of protein expression market. In addition, increase in adoption of protein expression in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for protein expression market. However, higher cost of the research and development, and complex government approval processes are the key restraints for protein expression market.
Geographically North America dominated protein expression market, because of higher adoption rate for biotechnology based therapeutics, high medical reimbursement facilities, and technological advancement. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing aging population, rise in consumer awareness, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, developing pharmaceutical and biotechnology, and growing population chronic and autoimmune diseases patient in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the end-user, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies has the highest market share in protein expression market. Therapeutic proteins are the market leader in protein expression market among all types of applications.
This report identifies the global protein expression market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global protein expression market.
This report segments protein expression market on the basis of expression system, application, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Protein Expression Market, By Expression System: Yeast Expression, Mammalian Expression, Algae Expression, Insect Expression, Bacterial Expression, and Cell-Free Expression
- Protein Expression Market, By Application: Cell Culture, Protein Purification, Membrane Proteins, and Transfection Technologies
- This report has been segmented into major end-user industries such as: Academic Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, and Contract Research Organizations
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the protein expression market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- New England Biolabs, Inc.
- Life Technologies Corporation
- Takara Bio, Inc.