Pyrethroids are synthetic chemical insecticides whose chemical structures are adapted from the chemical structures of the pyrethrins and act in a similar manner to pyrethrins which are also known as botanical insecticides and is derived from chrysanthemum flowers most commonly found in Australia and Africa. Pyrethroids are now found in the majority of commercial household insecticides. In the concentrations used in such products, they may also have insect repellent properties and are generally harmless to human beings in low doses but can harm sensitive individuals. Globally increasing population and decreasing arable land is expected to remain key growth driver for the pyrethroids market during the period of study however regulations in the major developed economies is expected to remain key restraint and fact of worry for the majority of the market players.
Geographically Asia-Pacific dominated pyrethroids market, due to lack of proper regulations and higher usage in agricultural practices in order to increase yield per acre. Asia Pacific was followed by Europe and Latin America as second and third largest market for pyrethroids. With higher population share, increasing global population, shrinking arable land, move upwards the food value chain is expected to drive demand of pyrethroids in Asia Pacific especially in developing nations in the region like India, China and several other economies where agriculture plays an important role in the economy
This report identifies the global pyrethroids market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global pyrethroids market.
This report segments pyrethroids market on the basis of type, crop type and regional market as follows:
- Pyrethroids Market, By Type: Bifenthrin, Deltamethrin, Permethrin, Cypermethrin, Cyfluthrin, Lambda-cyhalothrin and others
- Pyrethroids Market, By Crop Type: Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, and Fruits & Vegetables and others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the pyrethroids market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd
- Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
- United Phosphorus Limited
- The Dow Chemical Company
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours And Company