Pyrogen testing can be defined as a process generally used by drug manufacturers and pharmaceutical industry to determine if bacterial toxins are present in vaccines and drugs which might cause fever when used on humans. Pyrogen testing determines if microbes or their metabolites are present in intravenous solutions during the manufacturing process. The most common and oldest form of pyrogen testing consists of injecting drugs into rabbits to determine if a fever develops. A newer test uses blood from the horseshoe crab to test for toxins. Globally advancing pharmaceutical industry and increasing government support for pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries is expected to remain key growth driver during the period of study.
Geographically North America dominated pyrogen testing market driven by best in the class pharmaceutical industry infrastructure, advanced facilities, higher awareness, strict regulation and higher spending pharmaceutical companies to adhere to guidelines. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for pyrogen testing market. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing healthcare infrastructure, increased spending, government initiatives and increasing awareness amongst population, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region.
This report identifies the global pyrogen testing market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global pyrogen testing market.
This report segments pyrogen testing market on the basis of application, test type and regional market as follows:
- Pyrogen Testing Market, By Aplication: Pharmaceutical and Biological Manufacturing, Medical Device Manufacturing, Other Applications
- Pyrogen Testing Market, By Test Type: LAL Tests (Chromogenic Tests, Turbidimetric Tests, Gel Clot Tests), In Vitro Tests, Rabbit Tests, Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the pyrogen testing market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Hyglos GmbH
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Wako Chemicals Usa, Inc.
- WUXI Pharmatech (Cayman) Inc.