Scabies is an infectious skin disease caused by microscopic mites known as Sarcoptes scabiei, which are foud inside human skin. These Sarcoptes scabiei mites burrows into the skin and lay eggs after staying for two to three weeks. Scabies is diagnosed by an itchy feeling, rash and pimple like skin disease condition. Scabies is a highly contagious disease and can pass through simple contact with affected person. The disease is pruritic in nature. The common sites for the rash are wrist elbow, armpit, waist, area between the fingers. Globally increasing awareness and easing acess for treatments in major developing nations is expected drive the demand for scabies treatment during the period of study.
Geographically Asia-Pacific dominated scabies treatment market owing to the large population base which makes infectious diseases spread easily and less awareness amongst people about preventive measures for such diseases. Asia-Pacific was followed by Latin America and North America as second and third largest market for scabies treatment market. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing industrial healthcare infrastructure increasing awareness amongst people in the region especially in developing nations such as China, and India in this region.
This report identifies the global scabies treatment market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global scabies treatment market.
This report segments global scabies treatment market on the basis of drug administration route, medication type and regional market as follows:
- Scabies Treatment Market research report is classified on the basis of drug administration route of scabies treatment some of the major types covered on the basis of administration are as follows: Oral and Topical
- Scabies Treatment market research report is classified on the basis of medication type of scabies treatment some of the major types of scabies treatment covered in this report are as follows: Ointment (Gel, Creams and Lotions), Combinational medicines (Permethrin Cream, Benzyl Benzoate Lotion, Sulfur Ointment, Crotamiton Cream, Lindane Lotion) and Other medicine(Ivermectin)
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the scabies treatment market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Renaissance Pharma Inc
- Merck & Co.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Inc.,
- Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Unichem Laboratories Ltd