is a lightweight, synthetic fiber made up of a long-chain polyglycol combined with a short diisocyanate containing at least 85% polyurethane. Spandex fibres is used to make stretchable clothing such as sportswear. The polymer is converted into a fiber using a dry spinning technique. Spandex fibres was first produced in the early 1950s and was initially developed as a replacement for rubber. Although the market for spandex remains relatively small compared to other fibers such as cotton or nylon, new applications for spandex are continually being discovered. Increasing demand for the sports wear and other textiles products into developing nations is expected to remain key growth driver for spandex fibres during the period of study.
Geographically Asia-Pacific dominated spandex fibre market
in terms of production and consumption driven by higher demand into major end-use industries like textiles in the region. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America and Europe as second and third largest market for spandex fibre market. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to increasing demand into rapidly expanding end-use industrial base demanding higher consumption of spandex fibre especially into food & beverages industries.
This report identifies the global spandex fibre market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global spandex fibre market.This report segments global spandex fibre market on the basis of production process, end-use industry and regional market as follows:
- Spandex Fibre Market research report is classified on the basis of production process. Some of the major production process covered in this report are as follows: Solution Dry Spinning, and Solution Wet Spinning
- Spandex Fibre Market research report is classified on the basis of end-use industries. Some of the major end-use industries covered in this report are as follows: Textile, and Healthcare
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the spandex fibre market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- E. I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS AND COMPANY
- Teijin Limited
- Far Eastern New Century Corporation
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Toray Industries Inc.