is a colorless unsaturated aliphatic hydrocarbon with formula C30H50 originally obtained for commercial purposes primarily from shark liver oil (hence its name, as Squalus is a genus of sharks), although plant sources (primarily vegetable oils) are now used as well, including amaranth seed, rice bran, wheat germ, and olives. It is used as an intermediate in the biosynthesis of cholesterol and is used in biochemical research. Increasing applications of squalene into cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry is expected to remain the key growth driver for squalene during the period of study.
Geographically Europe dominated squalene market owing to the large scale demand of squalene into major end-use industries such as pharmaceutical and food & beverages in the region. Europe was followed by Asia-Pacific and North America as second and third largest market for squalene market. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to vast potential that can be realized in the near future. The use of animal–sourced squalene dominates the Asia-Pacific market owing to high investments in the cosmetics end-use industry in China, Japan, and South Korea.
This report identifies the
global squalene market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global squalene market.
This report segments global squalene market on the basis of type, end-use industry and regional market as follows:
- Squalene Market research report is classified on the basis of type. Some of the major types covered in this report are as follows: Animal-Sourced & Vegetable-Sourced
- Squalene Market research report is classified on the basis of end-use industries. Some of the major end-use industries covered in this report are as follows: Food & Beverages, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the squalene market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Seadragon Marine Oils Limited
- Kishimoto Special Liver Oil Co. Ltd.
- Empresa Figueirense De Pesca, LDA
- EKIZ Olive Oil & Soap Inc.
- New Zealand Green Health Ltd