Surgical sutures, or stitches, can be defined as a special type of sterile thread that is used by surgeons and hospitals to sew an incision or a wound close. Surgical sutures are available in multiple types, made of different materials, in different thicknesses and even different colors. Surgical sutures act like sewing thread and are used to connect the edges of a wound, pulling them closer together so that they may heal and avoid the risk of getting infected. Globally, an increasing number of surgeries being performed for various diseases or trauma or accidents is expected to be the key growth driver for the surgical sutures market during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominates the surgical sutures market driven by best in class infrastructure, easy access to healthcare, higher number of performed surgeries, and higher spending by the citizens towards healthcare expenditure. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest markets for surgical sutures market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing medical tourism, increased spending, and increasing awareness amongst population in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the global surgical sutures market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the surgical sutures market.
This report segments the surgical sutures market on the basis of type, application and regional market as follows:
- Surgical Sutures Market research report is classified on the basis of type. Some of the major types covered in this report are as follows: Automated Suturing Devices, Absorbable and Non-Absorbable Sutures
- Surgical Sutures Market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: General, Cardiovascular, Valve, Orthopaedic, Dental, Ophthalmic
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the surgical sutures market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Ethicon, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Smith & Nephew
- Demetech Corporation
- Conmed Corporation
1. Surgical Sutures Market – Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Surgical Sutures Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Surgical Sutures Market– Forces
4.1.1. Increasing number of surgeries being performed
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Surgical Sutures Market– Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Surgical Sutures Market, By Type
6.1. Automated Suturing Devices
6.3. Non-Absorbable Sutures
7. Surgical Sutures Market, By Application
8. Surgical Sutures Market, By Geography
8.1.7. Rest of Europe
8.2. Asia Pacific
8.2.4. South Korea
8.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3. North America
8.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
8.4.2. Rest of RoW
9. Surgical Sutures Market – Entropy
9.2. Technological Developments
9.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
9.4. Supply- Contract
10. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
10.1. Ethicon, Inc.
10.2. B. Braun Melsungen AG
10.3. Smith & Nephew
10.4. Demetech Corporation
10.5. Conmed Corporation
10.6. W.L. Gore & Associates
10.7. Boston Scientfic
10.8. Internacional Farmaceutica S.A. De C.V.
10.10. Sutures India Pvt Ltd.
10.11. Endoevolution LLC
*More than 40 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
11.3. Research Methodology
11.5. Compilation of Expert Insights