can be defined as the use of telecommunication and information technology to provide clinical health care services from a distance. Telemedicine helps in eliminating distance barriers between physician or healthcare service provider and patients and helps in improving access to medical services which would otherwise be difficult to make consistently available in distant rural communities. It is also used to save lives in critical care and emergency situations. Globally increasing internet penetration and usage technologies into healthcare practices is expected to drive the demand for the telemedicine technologies during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominates the telemedicine technologies market driven by best in class infrastructure, best in industry practices, higher technological usage by citizen & doctors and higher spending by the citizens towards healthcare expenditure. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest markets for the telemedicine technologies market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing medical tourism, increased spending, and increasing awareness amongst population in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the
telemedicine technologies market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global telemedicine technologies market.
This report segments the telemedicine technologies market on the basis of applications, category and regional market as follows:
- Telemedicine Technologies Market research report is classified on the basis of applications. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Telecardiology, Teleradiology, Telepathology,Telepsychiatry, Dermatology
- Telemedicine Technologies Market research report is classified on the basis of category. Some of the major categories covered in this report are as follows: Hardware, Software and Network
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies profiled in this report are:
- Aerotel Medical Systems Ltd.
- International Business Machines Corp.
- Intouch Technologies
- Medical International Research
- 3m Health Information Systems