is defined as the practice of using network technology for the purpose of transmission of radiological patient images diagnosis, such as x-rays, CTs, and MRIs, from one location to another for the purposes of sharing studies with other radiologists and physicians. Teleradiology improves patient care by allowing radiologists to provide services by removing the distance barrier and take care of the patient without actually having to be at the location of the patient. This is particularly important when a sub-specialist such as a MRI radiologist, neuroradiologist, pediatric radiologist, or musculoskeletal radiologist is needed during emergencies. Globally increasing penetration of technology into healthcare practice is expected to drive the demand for teleradiology during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominates the teleradiology market driven by best in class infrastructure, easy access to healthcare, higher awareness about teleradiology, higher technological knowledge and higher spending by the citizens towards healthcare expenditure. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest markets for teleradiology market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing medical tourism, increased spending, and increasing awareness amongst population in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the
global teleradiology market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the teleradiology market.
This report segments the teleradiology market on the basis of product type, category and regional market as follows:
- Teleradiology Market research report is classified on the basis of product type. Some of the major product type covered in this report are as follows: X-ray, Computed Tomography, Ultrasound, Nuclear Imaging, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Teleradiology Market research report is classified on the basis of category. Some of the major categories covered in this report are as follows: Hardware, Software
- Teleradiology Market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: tele-diagnosis, tele-consultation, and tele-monitoring
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample companies profiled in this report are:
- 4Ways Healthcare Limited
- Agfa-Gevaert n.v.
- Cybernet Medical Corporation
- Everlight Radiology
- Global Diagnostics Ltd.,