A wavefront sensor
is part of adaptive optics and is a device which is used for measuring the aberrations of an optical wavefront. Wavefront sensors play an important role in evaluating the wavefront with enough spatial resolution and suitable speed for real time compensation. Globally, increasing R&D activities in the field of adaptive optics and increasing demand from the defense sector is expected to remain the key growth driver during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the wavefront sensor market driven by extensive utilization of this technology in sectors such as astronomy, defense and security, ophthalmology and laser eye surgery. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for the wavefront sensor market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth driven by significant rise in research and development activities and technical improvements related to use of adaptive optic technology in a number of applications in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the wavefront sensor market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the wavefront sensor market.
This report segments the wavefront sensor market on the basis of application, type and regional market as follows:
Sample Companies profiled in this Report are:
- Wavefront sensor market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Biomedical, Defense and Security, Astronomy, Manufacturing, Consumer devices, Communication
- Wavefront sensor market research report is classified on the basis of type. Some of the major types covered in this report are as follows: Shack-Hartmann Wavefront sensor, Wavefront curvature sensor, Pyramid wavefront sensor, Common path interferometer, Foucault knife-edge test, Multilateral shearing interferometer, Ronchi tester, Shearing Interferometer
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc. (U.S.)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (U.S.)
- IRIS AO, Inc. (U.S.)
- Olympus Corp. (Tokyo)
- Boston Micromachines Corporation (U.S.)