Augmented Reality could transform the way you travel. If you have technology that supports augmented/ virtual reality such as a mobile device or a headset, then you can gain information about the places you visit, when you are there. Moreover, some applications may provide you a virtual tour before you go to a place, which may influence your decision.
What is Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality?
Augmented Reality is an “enhanced” version of reality created using technology to add images, information or both into the environment. Virtual Reality is a form of simulated environment created with computer technology. Although similar in concepts, Augmented Reality has been in use for some time, especially in the sports industry.
What are the applications of Augmented & Virtual Reality in the Tourism Industry?
The tourism industry will face a new change when augmented reality comes into mainstream use. App developers could create their own tours and may allow the AR/VR content to be purchased through an online medium. Using Virtual Reality, tourists may be able to visualize monuments and points of interest and how they appeared in the centuries before, or in different seasons. The technology allows tourists to discover places and allow locals to re-discover places in a country.
Market Research & Market Trends:
- Augmented Reality is currently helping people decide upon where to go and prevents them from getting lost. In the future, virtual reality could be used to allow people to see points of interest such as amusement parks and theatres before they decide.
- Virtual reality tours in the future could allow people to see locations in different seasons and in the past, and may change their traveling plans. These tours could help people discover new places to see, and allow locals to re-discover their hometowns.
- Virtual reality tours of places may begin to allow you to create your own movies in different environments. These movies may not require sophisticated technology possessed by movie making studios in the future.
- These tours can also simulate journeys by different vehicles and their benefits. People may choose their preferred mode of travel in a city with new parameters besides cost and convenience.
Who are the key players for Augmented & Virtual Reality in Tourism Industry?
The key players for augmented & virtual reality in the tourism industry are Google, Go Meta, Valve and others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.