Smart pill technology is the latest revolutionary technological advancement in healthcare practice which has helped in reducing the gap between healthcare and digital technology. Smart pills are basically medical devices and small embedded electronic appliances such as sensors, cameras and trackers which can be easily swallowed by a patient to get a complete evaluation of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) without any surgical process. The emergence of these healthcare-cum-technology devices has addressed the soaring need for better diagnostics and monitoring. Globally, increasing preference for minimal invasive surgeries and technological advancement in healthcare practice is expected to be the key growth driver for smart pills during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the smart pills market driven by world class healthcare infrastructure with technological advanced practice, higher spending and presence of key industry players in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for smart pills market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing spending on healthcare and growing medical tourism in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the smart pills market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the smart pills market.
This report segments the smart pills market on the basis of target area, application and regional market as follows:
- Smart Pills market research report is classified on the basis of target area. Some of the major target areas covered in this report are as follows: Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine, Large Intestine and Others.
- Smart Pills market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Capsule Endoscopy, Drug Delivery, Patient Monitoring.
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the smart pills market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Bio –Images Research Ltd.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Capsovision, Inc.
- Cerner Corporation
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation