The basic difference between AR & VR is the user experience and user involvement in a situation. Augmented reality (AR)
is a technology that layers computer-generated enhancements atop an existing reality in order to make it more meaningful through the ability to interact with it whereas Virtual reality (VR)
can be defined is an artificial, computer-generated simulation or recreation of a real life environment or situation which immerses the user by making them feel like they are experiencing the simulated reality firsthand, primarily by stimulating their vision and hearing. Growing popularity and higher user engagement are expected to be the key driving factors for the growth of AR & VR market in entertainment industry during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the spatial augment reality market driven by higher penetration and popularity of spatial augment reality technology amongst its tech savvy residents and higher spending on entertainment. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for spatial augment reality market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing technological user base, growing popularity of AR technology and increasing spending on entertainment in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the spatial augment reality market for entertainment industry
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the spatial augment reality market for entertainment industry.
This report segments the spatial augment reality market on the basis of component, technology, display, application, and regional market as follows:
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Spatial augment reality market research report is classified on the basis of component. Some of the major components covered in this report are as follows: Hardware Component (Sensors(Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Global Positioning Systems, Proximity Sensor, 3d Depth Sensors) Semiconductor Component (Controller/Processor, Integrated Circuits), Displays), Software Component (Software Development Kits, Cloud-Based Services).
- Spatial augment reality market research report is classified on the basis of technology. Some of the major technologies covered in this report are as follows: AR Technology (Marker-Based Augmented Reality (Passive Marker, Active Marker), Markerless Augmented Reality, Model-Based Tracking, Image Processing-Based).
- Spatial augment reality market research report is classified on the basis of display. Some of the major display technology covered in this report are as follows: Screen based, Projection based and Others.
- Spatial augment reality market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Consumer applications, aerospace & defense, medical, commercial.
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
- Google Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Total Immersion