can be defined as the deliberate prevention of pregnancy by interfering with the normal process of ovulation, fertilization and implantation through the use of barriers, drugs, medical devices or surgical techniques and the devices used for contraception are called as contraceptives. Contraceptives drugs or devices not only inhibit pregnancy, but also sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Globally, increasing awareness about STD and population control measures are expected to be the key growth drivers for the contraceptives market during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the contraceptives market driven by higher demand and consumption of contraceptives due to higher awareness about its benefits and population control in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for the contraceptives market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly growing awareness amongst people in the region about contraceptives and initiatives by governments in developing nations such as China and India to educate people to control population in two most populated nations in the world.
This report identifies the contraceptives market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the contraceptives market.This report segments the contraceptives market on the basis of product, end-user and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the contraceptives market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Contraceptives market research report is classified on the basis of product. Some of the major products covered in this report are as follows: Drug (Oral Contraceptive, Injectible, Topical), Devices (Condom (Male, Female), Diaphragms, Sponges, Vaginal Ring, Subdermal Implants, Intrauterine Devices (Male, Female))
- Contraceptives market research report is classified on the basis of end-user. Some of the major end-users covered in this report are as follows: Hospital, Clinic, Home Care, Ambulatory Surgical Centre (ASC) and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- The Female Health Company
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Mayer Laboratories, Inc.
- Church & Dwight, Co., Inc..
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited