The global virology market is estimated at $1693 million in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period 2018-2023. North America is the leading market holder driven by world class healthcare substructure with technological advancement practice. Asia-Pacific is likely attaining highest growth due to growing healthcare tourism in the nations of China and India. Hospitals and the Laboratories are the most dominating end-use segments
What is virology?
Virology is the scientific discipline concerned with the study of the microbiological or pathological science which involves the study of viruses and viral diseases, including the distribution, biochemistry, disease producing properties, physiology, molecular biology, ecology, cultivation, evolution, genetics and clinical aspects of viruses. Virology explain about the interaction with host organism physiology and immunity, the diseases they cause, the techniques to isolate and culture them, ways to infect and exploit host cells for reproduction, and their use in research and therapy.
Market Research and Market Trends of virology market
- Notable advances in nanotechnology, nanostructure-based electrical sensors have been emerged as promising platforms for real-time, sensitive detection of numerous bioanalytes. Using Nanopore-Based Resistive-Pulse Sensing Techniques, scientists are determining both the dimensions and the number of viruses. So, this provides important complementary information and detect all viruses and virus related particles.
- Microbiology testing considered as one of the most rapidly growing segments in the diagnostics industry. The major driving forces for this include continuous spread of HIV, which is the world's major health threat and is a key factor contributing to the rise in opportunistic infections, bioterrorism, advances in molecular diagnostic technologies, and a wider availability of immune suppressive drug.
- Awareness programs about various viruses such as Ebola virus, Flu, Zika virus, STD’s, AIDS are the key factor increasing people awareness and eventually increasing the market growth by employing the virology applications.
Who are the Major Players in virology market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes GlaxoSmithKline plc, Abbott Laboratories, Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation, Merck and Co. Inc., Novartis International AG.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.