Wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD) is a medical device worn by cardiac patients who are at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). A wearable cardioverter defibrillator allows their physician time to assess their long-term arrhythmic risk and make appropriate plans for preventing sudden cardiac arrest resulting in a fatality. Globally, an increasing number of people with cardiac diseases and technological advancement in cardiology are expected to remain the key growth drivers for the wearable cardioverter defibrillator during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the wearable cardioverter defibrillator market driven by world class healthcare infrastructure with a technologically advanced practice, higher spending and presence of key industry players in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for the wearable cardioverter defibrillator market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing spending on healthcare and growing medical tourism in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the wearable cardioverter defibrillator market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the wearable cardioverter defibrillator market.
This report segments the wearable cardioverter defibrillator market on the basis of medical condition, end-user and regional market as follows:
- Wearable cardioverter defibrillator market research report is classified on the basis of medical condition. Some of the major medical conditions covered in this report are as follows: Peripartum Cardiomyopathy, Congenital Heart Disease, Inherited Arrhythmias
- Wearable cardioverter defibrillator market research report is classified on the basis of end-user. Some of the major end-users covered in this report are as follows: Hospitals, Home Care, Cardiology Clinics
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the wearable cardioverter defibrillator market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- ZOLL Medical Corporation (A Subsidiary of Asahi Kasei Corporation)
- Access Cardio Systems
- BIOTRONIC SE & Co. KG
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cardiac Science Corporation