Ceramic fiber textile contain reinforced materials of either Inconel wire or continuous fiberglass filament to increase handling strength during installation and enhance fiber durability. It contains weaving in number of plied and reinforced yarns which determines the number and thickness of yarns used. The ceramic textile has the following outstanding characteristics such as high temperature stability, resistance to thermal shock and chemical attack, excellent strength which makes it easy to wrap, cut and shape. The reinforced yarn and characteristics of ceramic textile makes it suitable fabric for various thermal induced industrial applications. The Nextel ceramic textiles possesses the mentioned characteristics to protect the critical equipment from thermal heat. This textile were reinforced into NASA space shuttles against the heat of reentry and provide impact shielding for aircraft and spacecraft. The wide application and characteristics will drive the growth of ceramic textile market in near future.
What are Ceramic Textile?
Ceramic textile are fabrics impregnated with ceramic. The ceramic textile has excellent chemical stability and strong resistance to thermal shock and corrosion. The ceramic textile fiber are made up of aluminium-silica ceramic fiber, free of asbestos and free silica. Ceramic textiles help enable and protect critical equipment from heat. The light weight and durability are some of the characteristic features designed to meet demanding thermal, mechanical and electrical performance requirements.
What are the applications of Ceramic Textile?
The applications of ceramic textile are stoves, ovens, furnaces, boilers, joint packing, gaskets and metal casting seal.
Market Research and Market Trends of Ceramic Textile:
- One of the current trend in the ceramic textile is the usage of ceramic textile in space shuttle. Ceramics are known for their strength and superior to heat resistance. Ceramic fibers are made by super heating chemicals until they are molten and spinning them into hair like strands. These strands can be mixed with other chemicals to make new compounds of fibers. NASA used Nextel ceramic in space shuttle development for shuttle tiles which can stand up to the heat of reentry. Later the fibers were used to fill gaps between orbital tiles and are woven into insulation blankets, heat shield and other protective gears.
- The ceramic textile widely popular among NASCAR drivers and racing cars. The thermal and wear resistance property make the usage of ceramic textile popular in race cars. The thermal resistance property keeps NASCOM drivers cool inside the car cockpit where temperature can attain a peak point during the race which is hot enough to melt the shoes of driver. By leveraging ceramic in race cars can reduce the weight of the vehicle and can provide precision steering and handling of the car.
Who are the Major Players in Ceramic Textile Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Zircar Ceramics, Kyocera Global Organization and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.