The hydrous magnesium silicate mineral is known as Talc. The talc is distinguished as extreme softest material. It’s soapy in nature accounts for the name soapstone and dense aggregates of high purity talc are called steatite. Talc are resistant to most reagents and to moderate heat thus they are suitable for ceramic products. Talc is also used as lubricants in plastic industry for molding purpose. It is also used as fillers in various industrial applications such as ceramics, paper, paints and others. Through addition of talc the properties of product can be changed and combustion temperature is reduced. This reduces the production cost. Witness, acid resistance, pyroplastic distortion, improved density, stability, increased resistance and reduction of cracking are some of the key features in talc. These features tends into wide application of usage.
What are Talc?
Talc is a hydrated magnesium silicate mineral. Talc is often categorized in three components such as mineral talc, steatite and soapstone. Talc is an industrial raw material in powder form which has wide range of applications in industries. Commercial talc contains other minerals such as quartz, calcite, dolomite, magnesite, serpentine and others as impurities. Softness, smoothness, lubricating property, low moisture content, chemical internes, ability to absorb oil and grease, whiteness, filler ability and others are some of the properties of talc that enable its use in wide variety of applications.
What are the applications of Talc?
The applications of talc are Cordierite ceramics, food, paints, coatings, paper coating, lubricant, anti-sticking agent, personal care, pharmaceuticals, plastics, polyester putties and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Talc:
- One of the trends of talc are it has find its usage in cosmetics because of its favorable intrinsic property. The softness in nature and filler agent of talc has been valued for centuries as a body powder. It also plays an important role in many cosmetic products such as carrier, eye shadows and silkiness in blushes. The chemical inertness of talc is suitable for carrier applications. Apart from softness it has the advantage of not generating bacterial growth and releases fragrances progressively. In addition the talc’s active ingredients allows the practical and safe handling of very small and very large quantities of active substances. The other trends of talc are its usage in plastic industry, strengthener in automotive, thickener in paints, anti-caking and sticking agent.
Who are the Major Players in Talc Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Mitsubishi Chemical Holding Group, Polyplast partnership Organization and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.