Rising economic growth is expected to boost the extrusion coatings market. The growing demand from the food and beverages packaging and automotive sectors are the major factors that is driving the market. Extrusion coating is extensively used in different industries like building & constructions, consumer goods, automotive and others.
What is Extrusion Coating?
Extrusion coating can is a process that is used to coat the thermoplastic material onto a substrate like woven fabric, paperboard aluminum foil and others. Resins used in this process are different polyolefins like ionomers, polyethylene, ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers and polypropylene. This process is used for improving the features of paper by coating it with polyethylene in order to make it a better water resistant. Extrusion coating is a highly versatile industrial process that is used to coat a molten web of extruded polymer onto a substrate. In the process of extrusion coating a polymer is melted under heat and pressure in an extruder. The produced extruded hot melt is applied as a thin film coating onto substrate that is continuously passed through nip-roll assembly. The substrate may be paper board, woven fabric, polyester film or BOPP film.
Market Research and Market Trends of Extrusion Coatings Market:
- Polymers that is used in extrusion coating process encompasses low-density polyethylene (LDPE), ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA), polypropylene, and polyethylene terephthalate. LDPE is expected to be the foremost polymer material for the extrusion coating process because of its extraordinary characteristics like affluent recyclability, excellent optical properties and higher melting strength. It features good sealability and also offers a good barrier against moisture. Thus LDPE-based extrusion coating is used in different applications like liquid packaging, food packaging, and others. Polypropylene has high temperature and grease resistance and so it is generally used in the pet food packaging or for microwave oven applications.
Who are the Major Players in Extrusion Coatings Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Borealis AG, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP, DowDuPont Inc., Exxon Mobil Corporation, INEOS Group Holdings S.A., LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Mondi Group, Qenos Pty. Ltd., SABIC, and Westlake Chemical Corporation and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.