Adhesives are any substance which is used to hold the materials together and they are widely used in the construction industry. A sealant is a substance which prevents the passage of fluid or water from a joint or an opening. Rising amount of construction to build houses, roads, vehicles etc. has increased the use of adhesives and sealants in the market. The demand for waterproof adhesives and construction sealants is set to increase in the future due to increased level of construction to build new buildings, bridges etc. Adhesives are used to produce products like packaging, bottles, windowpanes and as there is a large demand of these products in the market hence the adhesive ad sealant industry is set to grow in the future.
What are Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants?
An adhesive is a product which is used to bind substances together and they are of various types like gum, glue, cement etc. A sealant on the other hand is different from adhesives because they are less strong than adhesives and they have greater elongation than adhesives and they come in various types like flexibility, rigidity etc. Sealants are used to stop the passage of fluids from the passage of joints or through materials. Waterproof additives are further divided into non-reactive types or pressure sensitive types. And sealants are also divided into types like Epoxy based sealants or Polyurethane based sealants, Polysulphide based sealants or Acrylic based sealants.
Market Research and Market Trends of Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants:
- The company Bostik has completed the acquisition of industrial adhesive plant of Nitta Gelatin Inc. in a joint venture in Japan. Due to this joint venture, there will be construction of a new adhesive plant in Japan. Bostik will increase its development in the non-woven market applications of hygiene, package and labelling, transportation market etc. Following this acquisition, a leading competitor Arkema will also follow the strategy to develop its adhesives and increase the market share.
- SABIC has received approval from regulatory authorities in purchasing of 24.99 % stake in Clariant Company. Following this SABIC will become Clariant’s largest stakeholder in the Clariant Group. The two companies have been discussing about collaboration and acquisition from a long time and it shall happen soon.
- AJ adhesives and mid-America Packaging (MAP) will acquire the adhesive company Wes Adhesives Inc. which was founded in 1981. The two companies will continue to expand in the state of Texas, US and there will be only slight changes in their operations.
- Selena Labs specializes in research and development in sealants, adhesives, polyurethane forms and other waterproofing products. The company has labs in Poland and Romania and they manufacture products which have been developed by their own research and development Scientists.
Who are the Major Players in Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market?
The major players and leading companies in the Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants market are De Van Sealants, Inc., Master Bond Inc., Permoseal (Pty) Ltd, Mapei and other leading companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.