Process automation and instrumentation is the usage of computer software and technologically advanced instruments to monitor, control and contain costs by increasing efficiency in various industrial establishments. Process automation simplifies the operations and maintenance activity by using sensors at numerous spots around plant which helps in monitoring ideal operation conditions and other parameters such as temperature and pressure. Globally, rising concerns related to functional safety and security expected, growing demand for energy-efficient production processes, increasing labour cost, high level of efficiency with minimum cost are the prime growth drivers of process automation & instrumentation market. In addition, technological advancement in process automation & instrumentation and increase in adoption of Process Automation & Instrumentation in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for process automation & instrumentation market. However, higher cost of the research and development, and higher cost of implementation and maintenance of solutions and devices are the key restraints for process automation & instrumentation market.
Geographically North America dominated process automation & instrumentation market because of higher adoption of process automation & instrumentation in various industry due to higher labor costs in the region. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing industrial activities, rising cost pressure and production rate, and favourable government policies in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the end-user industry, oil & gas has the highest market share in process automation & instrumentation market.
This report identifies the process automation & instrumentation market size in for the year 2015-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2025. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to process automation & instrumentation market.
This report segments process automation & instrumentation market on the basis of type, application, and regional market as follows:
- Process Automation & Instrumentation Market, By Instrument: Field Instruments (Pressure Transmitter, Temperature Transmitter, Level Transmitters, and Humidity Transmitters), Control Valves (Valve Body, Actuators, Positioners, & I/P Converters), Analyzers (Ph Analyzer, Conductivity Analyzer, Gas Chromatograph, & Liquid Chromatograph), & Communication (Wired Protocols, & Wireless Protocols)
- Process Automation & Instrumentation Market, By Solution: Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Distributed Control System (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Safety Automation, Advanced Process Control (APC), Operator Training Simulators (OTS), & Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- The report has focused study on process automation & instrumentation market by basis of application such as: Chemicals, Food & Beverages, Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Power, Pulp & Paper, Water and Wastewater, & Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- ABB Ltd.
- Emerson Electric Company
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Siemens AG