Soil Fumigant is a pest control technique, applied prior to crop plantation, wherein the land is filled with gaseous fumigants to eliminate pests present in the soil. Soil fumigants target soil-borne pests, including nematodes, fungi, bacteria, weeds, and insects and hence play a significant role in agriculture, nursery, and turf grass. Globally, increasing instances of crop diseases, rising per hector production to meet food demand, increase in global cereals production, and growing focus on increasing the quality of agricultural output are the prime growth drivers of global soil fumigant market. In addition, increase in adoption of soil fumigant in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global soil fumigant market. However, higher cost of the research and development, harmful effects of residue accumulation, and stringent government regulations and approval process are the key restraints for soil fumigant market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated
soil fumigant market owing to rapidly increasing population, growing food demand, changing lifestyles of customers, rising incomes, purchasing power, consumer demand for nutritional & healthy products, rise in consumer awareness, and favourable government policies in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. North America and Europe follow the Asia Pacific market respectively, owing to stringent regulations on chemicals used in agriculture. Among all the type of soil fumigant, methyl bromide has the highest market share in global soil fumigant market.
This report identifies the soil fumigant market size in the year 2015-2017, and forecast the same for year 2025. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to soil fumigant market.
This report segments soil fumigant market on the basis of type, form, applications and regional market as follows:
- Soil Fumigant Market, By Type: Methyl Bromide, Chloropicrin, Methyl Iodide, 1,3 Di-chloropropene, Dimethyl Disulfide, Dazomet, Metal Sodium, and Metal Potassium
- Based on form the soil fumigant market is segmented as: solid, liquid, and gaseous
- On the basis of applications, this report on soil fumigants is also segmented as: Soil, Warehouse, Crop Based, Non Crop Based and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Bayer CropScience AG
- AMVAC Chemical Corporation
- Trinity Manufacturing, Inc.
- BASF SE