1. Panela Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Panela Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Panela Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Panela Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Panela Market – By Production Source
6.4. Costa Rica
7. Panela Market - By Form
8. Panela Market – By Packaging
8.2. Paper Bag
8.3. Plastic Bag
9. Panela Market - By Application
9.2.3. Guarapo Costeno (Lemonade)
9.2.5. Chocolate Drink
10. Panela Market - By Geography
10.1 North America
10.1.4. Rest of North America
10.2 South America
10.2.7 Costa Rica
10.2.8 Rest of South America
10.3.9 Rest of Europe
10.4.3 South Korea
10.4.7 Hong Kong
10.4.8 Rest of APAC
10.5 Middle East& Africa
10.5.2 South Africa
10.5.3 Saudi Arabia
10.6 Rest of Middle East and Africa
11. Market Entropy
11.1. New Product Launches
11.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
12. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
12.1. De Cana
12.3. partnership Organization
12.4. Company 4
12.5. Company 5
12.6. Company 6
12.7. Company 7
12.8. Company 8
12.9. Company 9
12.10. Company 10
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights
Improvements in Panela production and increase in demand from the international market is driving the growth of Panela. With its associated benefits and high consumption rate within the country and internationally the market is expected to enter the disruption stage.
What are Panela?
Panela is the unrefined non-centrifugal cane sugar in solid form of sucrose derived from boiling and evaporating water from the sugar cane juice. It is extracted from the sugar cane juice by boiling in traditional way and evaporating the water content in it. The molasses in it gives Panela its brownish color and texture. Panela consist of sucrose, glucose, fructose, minerals, fats, vitamins and proteins making nutritionally richer than sugar. It is widely used in several countries and known with different names. The fully refined sugar cane juice produces the crystal sugar which has its own demerits as compare to Panela in health. Panela is produced in traditional way to be used in day to day life because of its medicinal benefits than sugar. It is widely produced at small scale and used in Latin America and Caribbean. Steps has been taken by the governments of respective Latin America and Caribbean nations to globalize its benefits and exports to generate the revenue of small scale manufacturers and farmers.
What are the applications of Panela?
Panela is the alternative additive of the sugar to provide sweetness and taste. It is an unrefined non-centrifugal cane sugar in solid, powdered or blocks form. Panela is widely used across the globe as a substitute of sugar in food and beverages due to its health benefits. The excess amount and unrefined molasses gives its texture and brown color.
Market Research and Market Trends of Panela:
- Panela is most widely used as a sugar substitute in the Latin America and Caribbean due to its health benefits such as increase in digestive enzyme for digestion, cleansing of internal organs, high content of minerals etc. As the traditional method of producing Panela is still followed across the Latin American and Caribbean continent which is keeping the generation capacity of Panela limited. The rural areas of these continents are mostly engaged in producing Panela from sugar cane juice through traditional method which made their lively hood better. Agriculture Support Systems Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of United nations started a medium term project entitled Enhancing Smallholder Livelihoods to diversify the Panela Agro industry for increasing farm income of the farmers.
- Due to the health benefit and nutritional content, Panela is widely recognized as the alternative additive of sugar. Panela is the main income generating product for the Colombia as directly or indirectly it is providing the employment and income. The main aim of Latin America and Caribbean Government is to integrate the region into global player of Panela production.
- One of the current trend in the Panela production is it is still produced traditionally and production of ethanol from refined sugar is shooting up in the Colombian industry. It has vast health benefits and is widely used in Food and Beverages industry eliminating the usage of sugar. It consist various nutritionally content like sucrose, fructose, vitamins, fats and minerals which is making it popular among other nations and other parts of the world. It is available in solid, powdered and cube form which makes it easier for packaging and shipping. There is a scope of Panela in near future as mankind now a days are leaning towards having healthy life which make its market bigger at international level.
Who are the Major Players in Panela Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are De Cana, Obela, partnership Organization and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.