High Throughput Screening (HTS) can be defined as a drug-discovery process popular amongst pharmaceutical industry players. This process leverages automation to quickly assay the biological or biochemical activity of a large number of drug-like compounds and is useful for discovering ligands for receptors, enzymes, ion-channels or other pharmacological targets, or pharmacologically profiling a cellular or biochemical pathway of interest. Increasing investment in R&D activities and government initiatives is expected to remain key growth drivers for HTS during the period of study.
This report identifies the High-Throughput Screening Market size in for the year 2015-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2022. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to High-Throughput Screening Market.
Geographically North America dominated the High-Throughput Screening Market owing to well developed & established healthcare industry, higher spending on R&D activities by large number of global pharmaceutical industry players. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest markets for high-throughput screening. However, it is estimated that Asia-Pacific will remain as the fastest growing market for high-throughput screening during the period of study driven by infrastructural development in healthcare sector, growing medical tourism and expanding pharmaceutical industry in the emerging economies such as India, China and few others.
This report segments High-Throughput Screening Market on the basis of product & service, technology, application, end user, and regional market as follows:
- On the basis of product & service this report on High-Throughput Screening Market is segmented as follows, covering all major product & service type in the high-throughput screening as follows: Consumables & Reagents, Instruments, Software & Services
- This report on global high-throughput screening also covers in detail various applications of high-throughput screening, some of the major applications covered in the report are Target Identification, Primary Screening, Toxicology Assessment and Other Applications
- This report on global high-throughput screening also covers in detail major end users of high-throughput screening, some of the major end users covered in the report are Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Academic and Government Research Institutes, Contract Research Organizations, and Other End Users
- This report on global high-throughput screening also covers in detail major technologies of high-throughput screening, some of the major technologies covered in the report are Cell-Based Assays, Lab-On-A-Chip, Ultra-High-Throughput Screening, Label-Free Technology and Bioinformatics
- This report on global high-throughput screening also covers in detail various applications of high-throughput screening, some of the major application covered in the report are Clinical documentation, E-Prescribing, Order entry (CPOE), Patient tracking, Resource tracking and management, Other applications
- This report on high-throughput screening has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Axxam S.P.A.