Dry-powder inhaler (DPI)
is an alternative device to the aerosol-based inhalers commonly called metered-dose inhaler (or MDI) and help in delivering medication to the lungs in the form of a dry powder. DPIs are commonly used to treat respiratory diseases such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema and COPD, although DPIs (such as inhalable insulin Afrezza) have also been used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Globally, increasing number of people with respiratory diseases and diabetes mellitus are expected to remain the growth drivers for dry powder inhaler devices during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the dry powder inhaler devices market driven by a world class healthcare infrastructure with a technologically advanced practice, higher spending, a high number of people with respiratory problems, strict guidelines and presence of key industry players in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for dry powder inhaler devices market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly developing medical infrastructure, increasing spending on healthcare and growing medical tourism in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the dry powder inhaler devices market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the dry powder inhaler devices market.This report segments the dry powder inhaler devices market on the basis of type, therapeutics and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the dry powder inhaler devices market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Dry powder inhaler devices market research report is classified on the basis of type. Some of the major types covered in this report are as follows: Capsule Based Dry Powder Inhaler Device, Blister Based Powder Inhaler Device, Reservoir/Cartridge Based Powder Inhaler Device and Others
- Dry powder inhaler devices market research report is classified on the basis of therapeutics. Some of the major therapeutics covered in this report are as follows: Upper Respiratory, Asthma, COPD, Diabetes, Hereditary Diseases, Cystic Fibrosis, Infectious Diseases, Osteoporosis, Neurology, Pain Management
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Bayer HealthCare AG Company
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Sandoz International GmbH
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Novartis AG