Transdermal drug delivery
is a mode of drug administration in which a drug is applied in the form of a plaster, patch, or ointment and administered through a patient’s skin such that the drugs are gradually absorbed into the systemic circulation. Globally, development of efficient and advance technologies such as the inclusion of micro-needles or mechanical arrays in transdermal patches, rise in the awareness among people, increasing government initiatives across the globe, and growing preference of patients as well as physicians toward pain-free drug delivery are the prime growth drivers of the transdermal drug delivery market. In addition, an increase in adoption of transdermal drug delivery for peripheral artery diseases, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the transdermal drug delivery market. However, higher cost of research and development, and higher cost of interventional devices are the key restraints for the transdermal drug delivery market.
Geographically, North America dominated the transdermal drug delivery market, with approximately half of the world’s procedures being done in the U.S. because of patent expirations, reformulation of existing drug compounds, repositioning of previously failed drugs, and huge investments undertaken by prominent as well as new market entrants. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing aging population, rise in consumer awareness, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, the cardiovascular segment has the fastest growth in the transdermal drug delivery market due to higher adoption of these systems in the treatment of angina pectoris, hypertension, and congestive heart failure.
This report identifies the transdermal drug delivery market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the transdermal drug delivery market.This report segments the transdermal drug delivery market on the basis of technology, application, and regional market as follows:
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Transdermal Drug Delivery Market, By Technology: Electroporation, Radio Frequency, Iontophoresis, Microporation, Thermal, Mechanical Arrays, Ultrasound, and Others
- The report has focused study on transdermal drug delivery market by basis of application such as: Central Nervous System (CNS), Pain Management, Cardiovascular, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Contraception, and Smoking Cessation
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Bayer Crop Science Ltd.
- BioGel Technology Inc.
- Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.