which are included under the optical transparent category of ceramics, are crystalline and glassy in nature. They are produced through a crystallization process from silica based glass and are used as optically transparent materials in different forms. Globally, development of efficient and advanced technology, rising demand from numerous application industries as a substitute for conventional glass technologies, growing focus on deployment of laser & cutting tools, and increasing defence expenditure on advance material and technologies are the prime growth drivers of the transparent ceramics market. In addition, advancements in nanotechnology, and increase in adoption of transparent ceramics for application in new industrial verticals, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the transparent ceramics market. However, higher cost of transparent ceramics as compared to conventional materials are the key restraints for the transparent ceramics market.
Geographically, Asia Pacific dominated the transparent ceramics market, followed by North America. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing industrial sector, rise in defence expenditure to implement superior technology and materials, lower raw material prices, and presence of major transparent ceramics suppliers in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, aerospace, defense and security segment has the highest market share in the transparent ceramics market due to a spur in expenditure of this industry for new innovation. Monocrystalline transparent ceramics is the market leader among all types of transparent ceramics.
This report identifies the transparent ceramics market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the transparent ceramics market.This report segments the transparent ceramics market on the basis of product, material, end-user industry, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the transparent ceramics market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Transparent Ceramics Market, By Product: Monocrystalline Transparent Ceramics, and Polycrystalline Transparent Ceramics
- Transparent Ceramics Market, By Material: Sapphire, Yttrium Aluminum Garnet (YAG), Aluminum Oxynitride, Spinel, and Other
- The report has focused study on transparent ceramics market by basis of end-user industry such as: Optics & Optoelectronics, Aerospace Defence & Security, Mechanical/Chemical, Sensors & Instrumentation, Healthcare, Consumer, Energy, and Other
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Konoshima Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Brightcrystals Technology Inc.
- II-VI Optical Systems
- IBD Deisenroth Engineering