During the process of proteolysis, unnecessary or damaged proteins are degraded by the breakage of peptide bonds catalyzed by enzymes called as proteases. This overall system of protein degradation encouraged by ligases is known as ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS). It is very important for the maintenance of biological processes like apoptosis, cell metabolism and cell proliferation and elimination of misfolded proteins. Proteasomes are present in few prokaryotes and eukaryotic cells and proteolysis is its main function. In the USP ligases can be a potential target for clinical intervention.
Globally, development of efficient and advanced technology, rise in the awareness among people regarding, increasing government initiative across the globe, growing incidences of neurodegenerative disorders and large scale study of proteasomes termed as Proteomics are the prime growth drivers of the ubiquitin proteasome market. In addition, increase in adoption of ubiquitin proteasome in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the ubiquitin proteasome share in global market and enhance its value chain. However, higher cost of the research and development, and higher cost price of ubiquitin proteasome are the key restraints for the ubiquitin proteasome market.
Geographically, North America dominated the ubiquitin proteasome market, with approximately half of the world’s procedures being done in the U.S. because of high medical reimbursement facilities, and technological advancement. Asia Pacific is forecasted via acute analysis to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing population, rise in consumer awareness, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India of this region which will affect the market size tremendously.
This report identifies the ubiquitin proteasome market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, market share, and outlook for major applications, restraints, analysis of market trends and dynamics, growth indicators, challenges, competitive outlook, and other key aspects with respect to the ubiquitin proteasome market.
This report segments the ubiquitin proteasome market on the basis of cellular processes and regional market as follows:
- The report has focused study on ubiquitin proteasome market by basis of cellular processes such as: Antigen Processing, Apoptosis, Biogenesis of Organelles, Cell Cycle and Division, DNA Transcription and Repair, Differentiation and Development, Immune Response and Inflammation, Neural and Muscular Degeneration, Morphogenesis of Neural Networks, Modulation of Cell Surface Receptors, Ion Channels and the Secretory Pathway, Response to Stress and Extracellular Modulators, Ribosome Biogenesis, and Viral Infection
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the ubiquitin proteasome market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Johnson & Johnson
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Novelix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.