An epidermal electronics device includes a barrier layer configured to be coupled to a body part of a user, a sensor configured to enable high-resolution mapping of the mechanical properties of human skin. The epidermal electronics device are yet to be commercialized on a larger scale. Globally, development of efficient and advanced technology, rise in the awareness among people regarding diseases, increasing government initiatives across the globe, growing prevalence of skin diseases such as, skin cancer, and others are the prime growth drivers of the epidermal electronic devices market. In addition, an increase in adoption of epidermal electronic devices for monitoring skin diseases in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the epidermal electronic devices market. However, complex manufacturing process, stringent government regulatory rules, higher cost of the research and development, and higher cost of epidermal electronics device are the key restraints for the epidermal electronic devices market.
Geographically, North America dominated the epidermal electronic devices market, because of high medical reimbursement facilities, and technological advancement. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing population, rise in consumer awareness, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region.
This report identifies the epidermal electronic devices market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the epidermal electronic devices market.
This report segments the epidermal electronic devices market on the basis of components, end user, and regional market as follows:
- Epidermal Electronic Devices Market, By Components: Miniature Sensors, Light-Emitting Diodes, Tiny Transmitters, Receivers, and Crafted Wire Filaments
- The report has focused study on epidermal electronic devices market by basis of end user such as: Hospitals, Clinial Trials, Research Laboratories, Academics, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the epidermal electronic devices market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- University of Illinois
- Northwestern University
- Tufts University
- The Institute of High Performance Computing
- Dalian University of Technology