Globally, development of efficient and advanced technology, rising demand from industrial lubricant, flourishing automotive industry, and advantageous properties of polyglycol dialkyl ethers such as, water solubility, high viscosity indexes, and bio-degradability are the prime growth drivers of the polyglycol dialkyl ethers market. In addition, an increase in adoption of polyglycol dialkyl ethers for application in new industrial verticals, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the polyglycol dialkyl ethers market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, availability of substitute compounds, and higher cost of polyglycol dialkyl ethers as compared to conventional mineral oils are the key restraints for the polyglycol dialkyl ethers market.
Geographically, Asia Pacific dominated the polyglycol dialkyl ethers market, followed by North America. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing automobile industry, rise in industrial sector, and growing pharmaceutical, and personal care applications in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, lubricants segment has the highest market share in the polyglycol dialkyl ethers market due to a spur in automotive industry, rising preference for processed food, and improved standard of living. Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) is the market leader among all types of polyglycol dialkyl ethers, owing to its better performance and environment friendly properties.
This report identifies the global polyglycol dialkyl ethers market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the polyglycol dialkyl ethers market.
This report segments the polyglycol dialkyl ethers market on the basis of type, solubility, application, and regional market as follows:
- Polyglycol Dialkyl Ethers Market, By Type: Polyethylene Glycol (PEG), Polypropylene Glycol (PPG), and Others
- Polyglycol Dialkyl Ethers Market, By Solubility: Oil Soluble Polyglycol Dialkyl Ethers , Mineral Oil Soluble Polyglycol Dialkyl Ethers, and Water Soluble Polyglycol Dialkyl Ethers
- The report has focused study on polyglycol dialkyl ethers market by basis of application such as: Lubricants, Surface Active Agents, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the polyglycol dialkyl ethers market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- The DOW Chemical Company
- PAN Asia Chemical Corporation
- Croda International PLC.
- Idemitsu Kosan Co.
- Huntsman International Llc