Urinary tract cancer was the ninth most frequently occurring cancer type with a high reoccurrence rate in, according to The World Health Organization. The early symptoms of urinary tract cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, haematuria and the risk of this type of cancer is high among the smokers, those with urinary tract infections, geriatric population, and workers in chemical industries. Globally, development of efficient and advanced medicine and diagnostic tools, rise in the awareness among people regarding diseases, increasing government initiatives and rigorous research activities across the globe, growing number of smokers around the world, and rise in prevalence of a sedentary lifestyle are the prime growth drivers of the urinary tract cancer market. In addition, increase in diagnosis and adoption of urinary tract cancer treatments in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the urinary tract cancer market. However, higher cost of research and development is the key restraint for the urinary tract cancer market.
Geographically, North America dominated the urinary tract cancer market, because of high medical reimbursement facilities, higher medical expenditure, and technological advancement. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing aging population, rise in consumer awareness, increasing incidences of urinary tract infections, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the types of urinary tract cancer, urothelial carcinoma has the highest market share in the urinary tract cancer market due to a higher occurrence rate of approximately 90%.
This report identifies the urinary tract cancer market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the urinary tract cancer market.
This report segments the urinary tract cancer market on the basis of type, diagnostic tools, treatment, and regional market as follows:
- Urinary Tract Cancer Market, By Type: Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Transitional Cell Carcinoma, Adenocarcinoma, and Others
- Urinary Tract Cancer Market, By Diagnostic Tools: Biopsy, Cystoscopy, Urine Cytology, Imaging Test
- The report has focused study on urinary tract cancer market by basis of treatment such as: Biological Therapy, Surgical Treatment, Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the urinary tract cancer market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Eli Lilly and Company