Uterine fibroid is a type of tumour that grows in the muscular wall of the uterus. It occurs mainly in about 20%–40% in women during their reproductive ages. Globally, development of efficient and advanced technology, rise in the awareness among people regarding diseases, increasing government initiatives across the globe, growing prevalence of uterine fibroids and change in lifestyle mainly dietary pattern, and rising number of women of reproductive age (WRA) across the globe are the prime growth drivers of the uterine fibroid treatment market. In addition, an increase in adoption of uterine fibroid treatment in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the uterine fibroid treatment market. However, higher cost of research and development are the key restraints for the uterine fibroid treatment market.
Geographically, North America dominated the uterine fibroid treatment market, because of higher number of patients suffering from uterine fibroid problem (20 million women in North America), high medical reimbursement facilities, and technological advancement. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing women population, rise in awareness, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the types, intramural fibroids has the highest market share in the uterine fibroid treatment market.
This report identifies the uterine fibroid treatment market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the uterine fibroid treatment market.
This report segments the uterine fibroid treatment market on the basis of type, treatment, and regional market as follows:
- Uterine Fibroid Treatment Market, By Type: Subserosal Fibroids, Intramural Fibroids, Submucosal Fibroids, and Pedunculated Fibroids
- The report has focused study on uterine fibroid treatment market by basis of treatment such as: Non-Hormonal Treatment, Hormonal Treatment, and Surgical Methods
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the uterine fibroid treatment market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Richard Wolf Medical Instruments
- Eli Lilly and Company
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited