The vaccination saves millions of lives including adults, children, and animals, and provides them a better and healthier life. Globally, development of efficient and advanced vaccines, rise in the awareness among people regarding the benefits of immunization, increasing government initiatives across the globe, growing prevalence of diseases, and increasing demand for better healthcare infrastructure are the prime growth drivers of the vaccines market. In addition, an increase in adoption of vaccines in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the vaccines market. However, higher cost of research and development, and risk of side effects of vaccines are the key restraints for the vaccines market.
Geographically, North America dominated the vaccines market, with approximately half of the world’s procedures being done in the U.S. because of high medical reimbursement facilities, and technological advancement. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing population, rise in consumer awareness, growing disposable income & healthcare expenditure, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the end users, paediatrics segment has the highest market share in the vaccines market due to higher prevalence of diseases.
This report identifies the vaccines market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the vaccines market.
This report segments the vaccines market on the basis of type, technology, disease indication, end user, and regional market as follows:
- Vaccines Market, By Type: Monovalent Vaccines, and Multivalent Vaccines
- Vaccines Market, By Technology: Conjugate Vaccines, Inactivated and Subunit Vaccines, Live Attenuated Vaccines, Toxoid Vaccines, and Recombinant Vaccines
- Vaccines Market, By Disease Indication: Pneumococcal Disease, DTP, Influenza, Human Papilloma Virus, Meningococcal Disease, Polio, Rotavirus, Hepatitis, MMR, Varicella, and Others
- The report has focused study on vaccines market by basis of end user such as: Paediatrics, and Adults
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the vaccines market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Medimmune, LLC. (A Subsidiary of Astrazeneca)
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Serum Institute of India
- Emergent Biosolutions, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.