Bentonite Market Overview:
Bentonite is a colloidal clay mineral, formed by the conversion of volcanic ash. There are few common type of bentonite available in the market are: sodium bentonite, calcium bentonite and Sulphur bentonite. Sodium bentonite is often known as swelling bentonite, due to its high water absorption property. Bentonite are used in various applications such as binding, sealing, and filling. Owing to its properties, it is used in various applications of foundry, cat litter, iron pelletizing, drilling muds, construction, paper, and cosmetics. Calcium bentonite is the non-swelling type of bentonite. It is usually activated with soda ash and converted into sodium bentonite. Germany stood first in the global exporters of bentonite with the total export quantity of 2,767,426 tons and it is followed by United States with 404,824 tons. Italy topped the global list of Bisphenol with a total import quantity of 2,159,968 tons and it is followed by Netherlands with 289,055 tons of imports.
Bentonite Market Outlook:
Japan has boosted in the iron pelletizing industry and promotes growth of bentonite market size. The product is used as a binding agent, offer improved mechanical & abrasive strength, rapid reduction and higher mineralization rates compared to ore fines which increases the productivity of sponge iron with less energy consumption. The product imparts structural stability to iron pellets, extracts moisture, and improves drop strength and thermal resistance which may accelerate market growth. The market of Bentonite is developed high in Asia-Pacific, and North America because these reached maturity or a state of equilibrium after proofing stagnancy in terms of growth in new technological innovations and supply-demand chain. The market growth in Bentonite revenues in many parts of the world happens to a sluggish pace over the forecast period. It is expected that the cosmetic and iron pelletizing industry remain the highest end-user in the global Bentonite Market and it is followed by the Construction Industry.
Bentonite Market Growth drivers:
The market for bentonite in various traditional applications has become saturated and rising demand in bentonite fine chemicals is the main driving force of bentonite chemicals industry. Emerging applications are represented by pharmaceuticals, consumer chemicals for personal care and home care, etc. Processing technologies play vital roles in these applications. The companies are actively enhancing their modification and processing technologies of bentonite.
The market is driven by the rising demand of downstream applications, bentonite chemicals manufacturers are likely to enjoy a favorable market environment and leading companies are expected to experience growth in the coming years.
Bentonite Market Challenges:
The market is also facing some potential challenges such as fierce competition from foreign chemical manufacturers, substitution of emerging products, and lacking of state-of-art processing technologies to meet the downstream needs, sustainable source of high-quality bentonite resources and their rising prices, as well as the fluctuation of exchange rates.
Bentonite Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Bentonite Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats.
Bentonite Market Report: Industry Coverage
Bentonite Market- By Product: Sodium Bentonite, Calcium Bentonite, Sulphur Bentonite and others.
Bentonite Market- By Application: Bentonite is used in the applications Foundry sands, cat litter, Iron ore pelletizing, Refining, Drilling muds, Civil Engineering, Agriculture and others.
Bentonite Market- By End-User Industry: Consumer Industry, Cosmetic, Detergents, Rubber Industry, Chemical Processing Industry and others.
The Bentonite Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- The Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Bentonite Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the prominent players in the Bentonite Market are Ashapura, CIMBAR PERFORMANCE MINERALS, IMERYS, Mineral Technologies, Wyo-Ben, American Bentonite International, Bentonite Performance Minerals, Hi-Tech Minerals & Chemicals, Kutch Minerals, MidPoint Chemicals Company and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Bentonite Market:
- The increasing application of bentonite in landscaping and landfill as a geosynthetics clay liner (GCL) are the key trends in the current market.
- The researchers from the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Sciences and Technology Houari Boumediene (USTHB) Algiers, Algeria have researched on Effect of swelling mineral on geotechnical characteristics of clay soil and studied the relationship between the percentages of swelling minerals and soil swelling potential. The risk is most significant when the rate of the expansive minerals, such as bentonite, is important. They proven the difficulty of characterization, because of the complexity of the phenomenon under natural conditions, where several other phenomena occur, and which are not considered in laboratory experimentation.
- SHELTON, Conn., USA – (April 13, 2018) – In less than nine months, the return of the Tiger-Sul Atmore, Alabama, has achieved key milestone in that ongoing production plant is now complete with full resumption of Sulphur bentonite production operations after Tiger-Sul lost production capabilities at Atmore when a lightning strike caused a fire at the plant in July 2017.