There are various reasons for the increase in demand of electrolyte drinks, such as the general population’s awareness towards the need to maintain a healthy lifestyle, as well as the fast changing lifestyles of people.
What are Electrolyte Drinks?
An electrolyte is a scientific term for “salt”. An electrolyte drink has a composition of salt and sugar in an ionizing substance such as water. Electrolyte drinks are commonly used to help sustain energy and recovery from exercise. The main use of the drink is to make up for the loss of electrolytes for those who are athletes or regularly workout. The amount of electrolytes varies from person to person, as various parameters come into play such as age, gender, fitness, duration of exercise and environmental factors.
What are the applications of Electrolyte Drinks?
Electrolyte Drinks are of three types, i.e. Isotonic, Hypotonic and Hypertonic.
Electrolyte Drinks can be distributed through various channels such as department stores, convenience stores, and vending machines and online, etc. These drinks are used at various stages of the work-out such as before, during and after the completion.
Although electrolyte drinks are catered towards athletes and regularly exercising adults, the general population is among the major buyers, as the product hints at a healthier lifestyle.
Market Research & Market Trends:
Gatorade launches new product to combat sales drop:
- Gatorade will be launching Gatorade Zero, as a new product in the market. The product will dial down on the sugar content in an attempt to sway consumers who have moved away from sports drinks altogether. Many companies have noticed the trend where people want to choose what fits their diet, and will
Coco-Cola cuts 20% of sugar content from its beverages served in Australia:
- A drink manufacturer reducing its sugar content to cope with the current trend where people are trying to reduce their calorie intake. We could expect more companies to follow suit and introduce more sugarless concoctions.
PowerAde introduces a new product which contains coconut water:
- Recent studies indicated that coconut water could be just as useful to consumers, as electrolyte drinks. Now, we see PowerAde trying to use that information to come up with a new product. This continues to blur the line of categories that electrolyte drinks can be classified under.
Keurig Green Mountain merges with Dr. Pepper Snapple:
- A new entrant has emerged in the electrolyte drink market, Keurig Dr. Pepper will be the new name of the resulting company. A coffee and tea manufacturer merging with a company that produces soft drinks and sports drinks, signals the need to diversify in the market.
Who are the key players in the Electrolyte Drinks market?
The key players in the Electrolyte drinks market are Pepsi, Coco Cola, AJE, Pacific Health Labs, BodyArmor Superdrink, Fraser & Neave Limited (F&N), Otsuka Pharmaceutical and a few other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.