Sodium Hydroxide Market Overview:
The Sodium Hydroxide, or Caustic Soda, Market is balanced and well spread with its usage being in a number of process. Regions that have the highest production of Caustic soda production are: USA, China, India, Germany, France and Russia. Due to its use in almost all industrial sectors the market for Sodium hydroxide is expected to grow continually in the forecast period.
Sodium Hydroxide Market Outlook:
The Industries producing Caustic soda use the membrane cell technology primarily as the production method, due to the high concentration of the product. It is followed by the Diaphragm Cell Technology. The market share for Caustic Soda is spread over various industries with primary consumers being the following in order of consumption capacity: Textiles, Aluminum production, pulp and paper, Organics, Inorganics, Soaps and Detergents, Dyes and inks, Pesticides, Pharmaceuticals, Soaps and Detergents and others.
The pricing for Caustic Soda, has been on the increasing trend since 2008, with the current pricing being around $400-$500/Dry metric ton (DMT)
Sodium Hydroxide (TNPP) Market Growth drivers:
Key growth drivers for the Caustic soda market are its use in the production of alumina, the pulp and paper and industry and the textile industry. These sectors contribute to largest market share of the Caustic Soda consumption market and hence directly affect the production market. The continued demand for alumina, paper and textiles due to increasing population, growth in the automobile and construction industry and improving economic scenario will pose as growth drivers for the caustic Soda market.
With the general increase in awareness for water conservations, waste management and the general scare of running out of potable water, the Caustic soda is also expected to see a growth in the water purification and waste management Industry.
Sodium Hydroxide (TNPP) Market Challenges:
Challenges for the Caustic Soda Market include, substitutes for it in the pH adjustment market and its hazardous nature due to which it has heavy regulations on it storage, use and let off after use. The promotion and substitution of other similar acting chemicals in the treatment and textile sector is sure to pose a restraint on the caustic Soda Market. As of now these only pose as minor restrains to the market out of which the market continues to grow, as the use for Caustic soda is very vast, with important and useful by products in its value chain.
Sodium Hydroxide Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Sodium Hydroxide market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Sodium Hydroxide Market Report: Industry Coverage
Sodium Hydroxide– By Form: Solid, Liquids
Sodium Hydroxide– By Grade : ACS Grade, Rayon Grade, Laboratory Reagent Grade, Food Grade, Pharmaceutical grade, Industrial grade and Others.
Sodium Hydroxide– By Manufacturing: Membrane electrolytic Cell, Diaphragm Electrolytic Cell, Mercury Electrolytic Cell, Lime Soda Process and Others.
Sodium Hydroxide– By Packaging: HDPE/PP Bags with LDPE lining, Plastic Bottles, Plastic Cans, Plastic Pails, Plastic Drums and Others.
Sodium Hydroxide– By Application Type: Chemical Reagent and Intermediate, Soaps and Detergents, Water Treatment, Leaching agent, pH Adjustment, Pharmaceutical Synthesis, Petroleum Refining, Textile Dyeing, Mercerizing and Bleaching and Others.
Sodium Hydroxide Market – By End User Industry : Pharmaceutical Industry, Oil and Gas Industry, Waste Management and Treatment Industry, Metal Manufacturing Industry, Healthcare and Hygiene Industry, Textile Industry, Pulp and paper Industry, Food and Beverages Industry, Specialty Chemicals, Academic research and Others.
The Sodium Hydroxide market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Sodium Hydroxide Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market include: BASF, Aditya Birla Chemicals, BSC Chemicals, Covestro, Dow DuPont, GACL Ltd., Sigma Aldrich, fisher Scientific, Sanmar group and many more.
Market Research and Market Trends of Sodium Hydroxide Market
- One of the key trends noticed in the Caustic Soda Market is in relation to the production method used in the Industry. Earlier the method used was Mercury Cell Electrolysis method, but this method is being phased globally. The recent complete phase out by Europe as on Dec, 2017 is also another example of this. These process have been substituted by the Membrane Cell Process, which requires lesser amount of Electricity and has much lesser impact on the environment as compared to mercury effluents.
- One of the most noticeable trends in the Caustic soda market has been the increase in import prices over the period of time. Due to the phase out of the mercury cell process in Europe and the strict environmental regulatory action taken in China the Caustic Soda market has been effected with production capacities lowering temporarily leading to price hikes in the import-export market. With the demand being consistently high these increase in Caustic Soda prices are a positive move for the market.
- Another key trend for the Caustic Soda market is the increasing demand for PVC products. PVC stands for Poly-Vinyl Chloride and is one of the most used synthetic plastic polymers. PVC is manufactured with Chlorine as a raw material and the production of Caustic Soda gives Chlorine as a byproduct with directly adds to the value chain of its manufacturing. Hence with the increasing demand for PVC and growth in the Alumina Market, for which Caustic Soda is a necessary raw material, the use of Caustic Soda is expected to grow positively.