This report gives an unequivocal investigation of the Hydrocortisone industry worldwide. It clarifies what are Hydrocortisone showcasing techniques of leading organizations and their costs. It enables you to ascertain diverse Hydrocortisone market forecast and also challenges for the coming years.
What is Hydrocortisone?
Hydrocortisone is the main glucocorticoid secreted by the adrenal cortex. It is the pharmaceutical term used for cortisol.
Applications of Hydrocortisone:
Hydrocortisone damps down the body’s immune response and thereby reducing pain, itching and swelling. It is also used as a hormone replacement for people who don't have enough cortisol, a natural stress hormone. Hydrocortisone typically comes as an ointment, cream, solution (liquid), spray and tablet. It is used to treat conditions like adrenocortical insufficiency, adrenogenital syndrome, high blood calcium, thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, dermatitis, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Trends in Hydrocortisone Market:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) cases were registering significantly across the world. COPD was more common in men, but because of the higher risk of exposure to air pollution and increased smoking of tobacco among women in high-income countries now affects men and women equally. According to the Global Burden of Disease Study report, 251 million cases of COPD were prevalent globally in 2016. Hydrocortisone is will help in relieving symptoms, improving exercise capacity and quality of life by reducing the risk of death. This need in the more usage of hydrocortisone is one of the major drivers which is responsible for driving the global Hydrocortisone Market.
- A new research was done on a readily available drug that can help in preventing sepsis shock and death. Especially in low-income countries where the mortality rate exceeds 60%, sepsis is a major challenge for the doctors. A group of researchers has determined that a combination of intravenous vitamin C, corticosteroids (a steroid), and thiamine (vitamin B) will be effective in preventing organ dysfunction and reducing the number of deaths from severe sepsis and septic shock. As hydrocortisone is a corticosteroid, the usage of hydrocortisone will be significant in the new drug which will lead to many opportunities and growth of the global Hydrocortisone Market.
- October 2, 2017: Sanofi, a French drugs industry has acquired Ablynx, a Belgian biotech company for 3.9 billion euros, which is likely to increase the growth in the global biotechnology market.
Key Players in the Hydrocortisone market:
The companies referred to in the market research report includes industry key players in the Hydrocortisone market who are AstraZeneca plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck & Co. Inc., Pfizer Inc., Sandoz AG (Novartis AG), Sanofi S.A., Actimis Pharmaceuticals, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Almirall S.A, and Zylera Pharmaceuticals among others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.