DSRC has been widely used because of some unique properties such as low latency and high reliability. The United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) allocated 75 MHz of spectrum in the 5.9 GHz band to be employed for vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure communication. In addition, European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) allocated 30 MHz of spectrum in the 5.9 GHz band. The overall market of DSRC On-board units and roadside units in the year 2017 amounted to be $100.6m. Also, the global DSRC market for passenger vehicle was estimated to be $60.7m in the same year and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% for the forecast period. Government support, regulations, and increasing awareness for safety measures will drive the DSRC market.
What is DSRC Technology?
DSRC is a short to medium range wireless communication technology which allow the vehicle to communicate with other automobiles or infrastructures. Even under extreme weather conditions, there is very little interference because of the short range communication. This operational characteristic makes it ideal for communication between the fast-moving vehicles. In the automotive industry, various stakeholder are supporting the cause of ‘Vehicle awareness’ to address safety issues. 5.8 GHz DSRC technology is already being used in electronic toll collection and road congestion systems whereas 5.9 GHz is yet to be implemented in North America.
DSRC technology is being utilized in either a vehicle to vehicle or vehicle to infrastructure applications. This technology communicates using on-board units (OBUs) or roadside units (RSUs). In V2V, DSRC is employed to process a communication between two vehicles with the help of OBUs. This will further assist the driver in intersection movements, turn assist, emergency brake and others.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of Cardiac Implant Devices market by technical applications, by transceiver, by vehicle type, by frequency band, by application and geography.
What are the major applications of DSRC Technology?
Potential applications of DSRC technology for Public Safety and Traffic Management include Blind spot warnings, Forward collision warnings, Sudden braking ahead warnings, do not pass warnings, Intersection collision avoidance and movement assistance, approaching emergency vehicle warning, vehicle safety inspection, transit or emergency vehicle signal priority, electronic parking and toll payments, commercial vehicle clearance and safety inspections, in-vehicle signing, rollover warning Traffic and travel condition data to improve travelers information and maintenance services.
Market Research and Market Trends of DSRC Technology
- FLIR Systems, Inc. has launched the FLIR ThermiCam V2X, a thermal traffic sensor for the emerging vehicle to everything (V2X) communication market. This sensor will allow vehicles and traffic infrastructure to communicate and shares the data in a system that aims to improve motorist, pedestrian, and bicyclist safety and efficiency. This sensor is under testing and will be commercialized by the end of 2018.
- In 2016, LTA awarded a $556 million contract to the consortium of NCS and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engine System Asia to build a next-generation electronic road pricing system. In 2018, The Singapore Land Transport Authority (LTA) has begun testing an Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera system with Dedicated Short Range Communications (DSRC) and is expected to be completed by 2019. This system can be located along the existing roadside infrastructure on expressways and measure fares without the need of any heavy infrastructure.
- Autotalks and Israeli startup Griiip are carrying out a research into how Vehicle to Everything (V2X) and Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) communication chipsets are making their way in motorsports. The companies have developed a single seater racing car with Autotalks CRATON2 chipsets which is designed to eliminate race car casualties in professional racing. For instance, If a driver should lose control of their racing car or stop in a dangerous area ripe for collision, the communication system will automatically detect the hazard and issue an alert.
- Savari Inc. equipped 11 intersections and traffic lights in Palo Alto with its Road-Side-Units which would assist cars, pedestrians and bicyclists as well as visually and mobility impaired people to communicate with traffic lights. The main aim is to increase traffic predictions and safety while preparing the road for autonomous and self-driving car deployments.
Who are the Major Players in DSRC technology market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Kapsch Group, Cohda Wireless Pty Ltd, Savari, Inc., Arada Systems, Q-free ASA, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd, Norbit Group AS, Continental AG, Autotalks Ltd
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.