There are various reasons for the growth in Mobile SOC’s such as the advancement in technology, the growing demand for smartphones and tablets and the decreasing demand for personal computers and laptops.
What are Mobile SOC’s?
A mobile SOC is an integrated circuit that assimilates all the different components of a mobile. There are various manufacturers of SOC’s, and hence these SOC’s may differ by combinations of components to fit the requirements. These SOC’s may contain different combinations of components, as each manufacturer will attempt to offer a unique selling proposition to the market.
What are the applications of Mobile SOC?
A mobile SOC can be used in various devices including smartphones and portable navigation devices.
These SOC’s have different technologies with 14nm being the latest addition, to the existing 12nm and 10nm models and, currently some companies aiming to launch 7nm technology in the near future.
Each SOC may have a different combination of components. All SOC’s contain a microprocessor, however some may contain an ASIC (application specific integrated circuit), a digital circuit, cellular radios, audio and video recorders, etc.
Market Research & Market Trends:
- Micron, one of the largest chip manufacturers is cut off from the China market, and this will reduce the chip supply in the Chinese market and affect the dependent industries. More companies will seek patents in order to gain control of markets.
- Qualcomm and Broadcomm have not gone through with the merger as major chip manufacturers are considering purchasing local manufacturers with a view to enter new markets. We may come across more mergers and new products when such mergers do take place.
- New SOCs will be launched in the market with 7nm technology. The SOC’s are getting smaller and more powerful every few years and we may see further sizing changes.
- Samsung, which now uses in-house chips, will team up with ARM to develop chips that are faster than any other options in the market. More mobile manufacturers are beginning to develop chips on their own as they can enter a mature product market, and expand their business.
Who are the key players in the market?
The key players in the mobile SOC market are Qualcomm, Apple, Actions Semiconductor Ltd., Allwinner Technology, Samsung, Huawei, Intel and various other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.