U.S. soup market is expected to witness a steady growth owing to its presence in its daily diet. U.S. soup market is estimated to generate revenue of $16,428.6m and projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.18% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. Supermarkets/hypermarkets held the major share of 79.3% in the retail distribution channel of soup market. Independent restaurant held the largest share of 53% in the on-trade distribution channel which is estimated to grow at a CAGR 3.85% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
What is soup?
Soup is a liquid food which is served warm and considered to be the first course of any meal and good appetizers. Soup is prepared using ingredients such as meat and vegetables with stock, juice, water or another liquid. It is also defined as a liquid food made by boiling or simmering meat, fish, or vegetables with various added ingredients and often containing solid pieces. Traditionally soups are classified into two main groups’ clear soups and thick soups. Commercial soup became popular with the invention of canning in 19TH century.
What are the major applications for Soup?
Soup is a delicious and nutritious meal which are high in vitamin A, B, K, C, cream soups are rich in vitamin D, and soups are low in fat making them a best choice for those who prefer a healthy diet as it has high proportion of water in it. It is the easiest way to add vegetables to your daily meal. Eating hot/warm soup can help to clear the sinuses with steam.
Vegetable soups are low in calories and high in nutrients, and helps your vegetable intake, whereas non veg soup help treating the physical maladies, and helps in removing bacteria in throat, mouth and tonsils.
Market Research and Market Trends of Soup Market
- Growing trend for lightweight pouch packaging for soup which is bio-degradable helps in attracting the customers and also in marketing the product.
- A new smoothly pureed soups that contains only fresh vegetables content are being innovated by companies with this way consumers are inspired to have more vegetable intake.
- High quality soups that bring culinary tradition to the dinner table, matching local taste preferences and cooking and consumption habits.
- Craze for nutritious soup which have benefits such as weight loss, rejuvenate the body parts, supports immune system etc help the soup market to upsurge.
- Growing sophistication of markets with regards to demand of value added products such as functional soups with health promoted characteristics in addition to natural, safe nutritious and home-made appearance.
- Who are the Major Players in U.S. Soup market?
- The companies referred in the market research report includes Campbell soup company, Progresso, Nissin cup noodles, Amy’s, whole foods, Lipton soup secrets, Pacific foods, Healthy choice, Trader Joe’s, Imagine creations, and Dole.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries U.S.ly for the market.