Weed control market offers variety of solutions for crop & non-crop growers to manage the unwanted plants and improve their productivity. These products are available in different forms containing variety of ingredients. The global Weed control market is $27.4Bn in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during 2018-2023. By approach chemical weed control method held the largest share of 95.8% and is projected to continue its dominance in coming years. Asia pacific holds the largest market share with 29%.
What is Weed Control?
Weeds are unwanted plants growing in competition with cultivated plants, turf and ornamentals. In addition to the environment loss few weeds also cause harm to the environment. Weed control methods like any other pest management mechanisms ensure the control or suppression of these plants in order to safeguard plant growth.
What are the major applications for Weed Control?
Weed control is used in controlling weeds which are grown unnecessarily in crops, turf and ornamentals. Herbicides are used in supporting the growth in agriculture productivity by controlling weeds at a large scale. The major end users for weed control are agriculture and non-crop
Market Research and Market Trends of Weed control
- Using a combination of fumigants, in specific zones close to the area where weeds grow rather than treating for every single situation, scientists believe they can surgically strike out some weeds that otherwise get in the way of vegetable growth. With this there will be better usage of pesticides which results in overall reduction in pesticide use.
- New technologies that include advanced robotics and sensing, in combination with new cropping systems will lead to a development in physical weed control in row crops leading to significant reduction of the need for hand weeding.
- Genetic engineering provides additional options for manipulating herbicide selectivity and creating entirely novel approaches to weed management.
- Advances in understanding plant pathogen interactions will contribute in developing new biological control agents suggest that crops can be improved by manipulating their response to competition.
- Revolutions in computing power and automation have led to a nascent industry built on using machine vision and global positioning system information to distinguish weeds from crops and deliver precision weed control.
Who are the Major Players in Weed control?
The companies referred in the market research report includes BASF SE, Bayer crop science AG, Syngenta AG, and Dow chemical company.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.