Automotive safety system is to minimize the occurrence of on road accidents. According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel, globally every year approximately 1.3 Million people die in road accidents and an additional 20 to 50 Million are disabled and injured in road accidents. The fatalities involved in the road accidents are very high. Government around the world are trying to implement regulations on crash test and airbags and the automaker would be required to meet these regulations.
In 2016, the total worldwide sales of automobiles has reached to 88 Million. Every day the number of on road vehicles are increasing and this require a need for the implementation of the safety technology which will further decrease the occurrence of on road accident and reduce the count of fatalities. As number of cars is increasing every day, governments are also planning to implement the mandate on automotive safety technology. This further suggest that the automotive safety technology is witnessing the higher growth across the globe. The growth is primarily attributed to the advancement in the sensor technologies which further improves the navigation, braking system, object detection and others which further creates the opportunities for OEM’s to identify wide range of applications for automotive safety.
Miniaturization of electronic technologies such as smart sensors and device are encouraging advancements in automotive safety sector and in particularly advanced driver assistance system.
In future there will be more modular and platform sharing system which will further increase the complexity and challenges for the OEM’s. It will be very difficult to decide the most attuned sensor suite for automotive safety. In addition the regulations for automotive safety will be tighten in future this will further reduce the profit margin for OEM’s and suppliers.
The report comprises of companies operating in the global automotive safety market such as Bosch, Delphi Automotive, Autoliv, Denso Corporation, Takata, Continental AG, MobilEye and others. Market players have been profiled in terms of attributes such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, and recent developments.
Scope of the Report:
The automotive safety market is mainly divided as per the technology capabilities and has been segmented as follows:
Based on Technology Type:
- Vision System/3D Vision
- Electronic Stability Control
Based on Region:
- Rest of the World
Recent Industry Trends:
OEM’s are investing heavily in the R&D for sensor innovations in the field of LIDAR, vision system, radar and others and are anticipated to make the vehicle really safe in future with advanced safety functionalities.
- Insight 1: Regulatory incentives in North America and Europe will give boost to ADAS sensor market in both regions, which will further increase the market capital for ADAS in next five years.
- Insight 2: Researchers across different OEM’s are looking forward to fuse the multiple technology in one platform to reduce its complexity and usability. Sensor fusion will allow the researcher to identify the most compatible sensor for relevant application.
- Insight 3: Future connected cars will employ Internet of Things to communicate with the environment and other cars to avoid accident.
1. Automotive Safety Technology – Market Overview
2. Automotive Safety Technology – Market Executive Summary
3. Automotive Safety Technology – Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End user profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Automotive Safety Technology – Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Challenges
4.3. Attractiveness of the Automotive Safety Industry
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitution
4.3.5. Rivalry among the Competitors
5. Automotive Safety Technology Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Supplier and Distributor Analysis
6. Automotive Safety Market By Technology
6.3. Vision System / 3D Vision
6.4. Electronic Stability Control
7. Automotive Safety Technology Market By End User
8. Automotive Safety Technology Market – By Geography
8.3. Asia Pacific
8.4.2. Middle East
9. Automotive Safety Technology Market Entropy
9.1. Preferred Strategy
9.2. New Product Launch
9.3. Mergers & Acquisitions
9.4. Product Developments
9.5. Ventures & Partnerships
9.6. R&D and Business Expansions
10. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
10.1. Bosch Company
10.2. Delphi Automotive PLC
10.3. Autoliv Inc.
10.4. Denso Corporation
10.5. Takata Corporation
10.6. ZF TRW
10.7. Continental AG
10.8. Johnson Electric Holdings Limited
10.9. Magna International Inc.
10.10. Mobileye N.V.
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
11.3. Research Methodology