The Automotive Chassis market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7%. Due to constant improvement in the Chassis manufacturing and material selection it will increase the competition in the automobile sector. Aluminum Chassis has the highest revenue generation. In addition, fiber and resin based material is expected to take over the market in future. Manufacturers are focusing on alternate material to product cost efficient, and high strength chassis.
What are Automotive Chassis?
Automotive Chassis are the skeleton structure of the automobile upon which the engines and other automotive parts are placed through which whole body of the automobile is fabricated. It is manufactured from Steel, Aluminium, Magnesium alloy, Cast Iron and Ferrous metal which comes under metal group. The focus has been shifted towards the non-metal material for producing high strength and light weight chassis from Carbon Fiber and conducive powder as these material reduces the cost of manufacturing and give high strength yield. Die casting and molding process is enforced to produce precise parts which is used for fastening of the chassis to the body parts of the automobile. Gas Metal Arc Welding and Metal Inert Gas Welding are the common practice to join the two ends of the chassis apart from that Adhesive Bonding is the new technique which is being implemented as it is eliminating the cost and providing the high strength and durability similar to other two joining process.
What are the applications of Automotive Chassis?
Chassis are used for providing the base for the automotive parts to be placed. It is like a skeleton of the automobile which upholds the automotive parts. These are widely used in Internal Combustion Vehicles, Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Vehicles. It comes in different shape and size with different material compositions. Space Frame is the most commonly and widely used Chassis around the automobile Industry. As it provides vast area for the automotive parts. Usually we see these type of chassis in four wheelers. Ladder frame and Rail frame are the chassis frame which is used for heavy vehicles due to its high strength and load resistance.
Market Research and Market Trends of Automotive Chassis:
- Researchers and Engineering experts are focusing on the alternative materials for fabrication of chassis. As the traditional vehicles consist of heavy metals such as Iron which increases the load capacity and decrease of efficiency was noted. Later on chassis and body system were made up of Steel and Aluminium due to its high composition of chemical properties improving the fuel efficiency and reducing the vehicle weight. Different forms of chassis were used for different vehicle type upon their load bearing and the usage.
- Incorporation of new technologies in modern cars and heavy vehicles are rapidly catching up upon consumer preference and regulatory market. Due to this there is a horde of competition between the rival manufacturers for producing the light weight, good support to the body and payload with torsional flexibility. Magnesium alloy and resin based material such as carbon fiber, conductive fiber and conductive powder is being used to provide more strength to the chassis for bearing the payload and support to the body. Adhesive bonding is the process used to join the two end part of the chassis which in term is reducing the cost and providing the high strength to the chassis compare to traditional welding.
- One of the current trend in the automotive chassis is adoption of alternate material rather than traditional one improved joining process. Resin, fiber and different metal alloys materials are the current trend in automotive industry as they provide high bearing strength for payload, light weight in nature, cost reduction, etc. Hence these materials have wide scope in the future and are being used in the automobile industry. More different materials has to be invented so that we can further reduce the dependency on traditional materials.
Who are the Major Players in Automotive Chassis Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Hyundai Mobis, Honda, Hitachi Automotive system, Auto/steel partnership Organization and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.