Global Stirling Cryocooler market is valued $732.94 million in the year 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.07% from 2018 to 2023. Wide deployment of cryocoolers in military for infrared sensor cooling applications is likely to be the major driving factor for the growth of global Stirling cryocoolers market. Helium gas cryocoolers is having the highest market share in the year 2017 which is valued $457.64 million and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 4.63% from the year 2018 to 2023. North America is dominating the market with revenue of $273.84 million in 2017 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.98% during 2018 to 2023.
What is Stirling Cryocooler?
A cryocooler is a mechanical device operating in a closed cycle, which generates low temperature. There are two types of cryocoolers namely recuperative type and regenerative type. Stirling cryocooler is a regenerator type cryocooler. Its main components are compressor with piston, after cooler, transfer line, hot heat exchanger, displacer (regenerator) and cold heat exchanger. Piston and Regenerator are the moving components and rest is stationary. Stirling cryocooler are majorly employed in IR sensors, satellite experiment and high temperature superconductors.
What are the major applications for Stirling cryocooler?
The various end users assessed include aerospace, healthcare, boil storage, energy, maritime and offshore and research.
Market Research and Market Trends of Stirling Cryocooler Market
- A novel thermal-driven Stirling-type of cryocooler has been developed by researchers to obtain the lowest temperature of a Stirling-type cryocooler. They have combined the advantages of a thermal-driven cryocooler (Vuilleumier cryocooler) and pulse tube cryocooler with a new type of cryocooler, called the Vuilleumier gas-coupling pulse tube hybrid cryocooler (VM-PT).By using helium-4 as the working gas and magnetic regenerative materials (HoCu2 and Er3Ni), the lowest temperature of 2.5 K has been obtained in the labs, which is as an important breakthrough for the Stirling-type cryocooler to achieve its limit temperature of below 3 K. It can simultaneously supply >30 mW cooling power at 4.2 K and >500 mW cooling power at 20 K .
- The accumulated experience in Stirling technology has been used by Ricor cryogenics which recently completed 50 years of manufacturing products which include cryostats for Mossbauer effect measurement, liquid gas Dewar containers, liquid helium vacuum transfer tubes, cryosurgery and other innovative products. A new generation of innovative Stirling cryogenic products has developed as a result of continuous investment in R and D. Development started with massive split slip-on coolers and has extended till miniature IDDCA coolers mainly for IR applications. They have also a platform for developing self-contained water vapor pumps which are known as MicroStar and NanoStar. These products are also being used in collaboration with research institutes in the field of High Temperature Superconductors.
- A free-piston Stirling cryocooler prototype that uses a pair of metal diaphragms to seal and suspend the displacer of a free-piston Stirling cryocooler has been developed. The diaphragms allow the displacer to move without rubbing or moving seals, potentially resulting in a long-life mechanism. The system produces a complete Stirling cryocooler with no rubbing parts hence reduces the friction losses in the working gas space when it is coupled to a metal diaphragm pressure wave generator. The prototype has been observed to produce 29 W of cooling at 77 K. It reached a no-load temperature of 56 K. This alternative approach clearly exhibits the intentions of manufacturers to look for variety of options in the basic design to further reduce losses and enhance performance to match the expectations and deliver the Stirling cyrocoolers to the space research and other organizations.
Who are the Major Players in Stirling Cryocooler Market?
The companies referred in the market research report include Viet Delta Corp, KRBL, Deelert, Astrra, and others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.