The global SAW-BAW Market is estimated to reach $40.494 Billion by 2023 growing at an estimated rate of CAGR 18.54% during 2017 to 2023 majorly driven by the increase in adoption of telecommunication technologies and passive wireless sensing.
What is SAW-BAW?
Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) and Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) technology works on the principle of piezoelectric effect that is conversion of electric signals to mechanical waves and vice versa. The adoption of SAW signal processing devices emerged to significant heights with the advancements in wireless communications. Due to the frequency constraint of SAW components and increase in penetration of latest communication technologies, such as 4G and upcoming 5G, BAW based components are emerging into the market. SAW/BAW sensors are being used for torque and pressure sensing for automotive applications, such as tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS), electronic power steering (EPS) and some others.
What are the major applications of SAW-BAW technology?
The SAW-BAW technology finds major applications in consumer electronics, telecommunications and aerospace and defense. In consumer electronics, the SAW-BAW technology is widely used in smartphones, wearable devices, internet connectivity, set top boxes etc. In telecommunications, it is used in broadcasting equipment and cellular connectivity. In defense and aerospace sector, it is used in marine and aerospace navigation, electronic warfare and high-end Doppler radars. Besides these sectors, the SAW- BAW technology also finds applications in the medical and automotive sectors.
Market Research and Market Trends of SAW-BAW
- The technological advancements in telecommunication along with the growing number of bands is boosting the number of Saw-Baw components used in infrastructure equipment as well as consumer-end devices.
- The revolution of smartphones is observed to be a major factor contributing to the growth of the SAW-BAW Market. Rapid evolution of smartphones adopting advanced communication bands like 4G-LTE, 5G smartphones is going to be the major market force for SAW- BAW.
- The upcoming wave of connected cars with connectivity like in-vehicle, vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure is seen as a prominent growth opportunity for SAW-BAW signal processing component market. It is expected that all new cars by 2023 will have vehicle-to-vehicle connectivity.
Who are the Major Players in SAW-BAW Market?
The major players of the SAW-BAW market included in the report are Kyocera Corporation, Avago Technologies, ECS Inc. International, Qorvo Inc., TDK Corporation and 16 others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates the competitive landscape, pricing strategies, market trends, latest developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis, and so on, to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. It also gives a detailed account of the major developments in the market such as agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers, and so on, to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics and their potential impact during the forecast period.
All our reports are customizable as per your company’s needs to a certain extent. We provide 20 free consulting hours for the purchase of each report, which would enable you to request any additional data to customize the report as per your needs.
Key takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential by analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), volume (units) and value ($m) of the data given at country level for each segment.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitors’ performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, SWOT, and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key regions to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and increase the efficiency of your processes.
- Get a quick outlook of the market entropy – M&As, deals, and partnerships of all key players in the past four years.
- Evaluate the supply–demand gaps, import–export statistics, and regulatory landscape for more than 20 top countries of the market.