The Silicon EPI Wafer Market is estimated to surpass $ 1,372.3 million by 2024 growing at an estimated rate of CAGR 4.3% during 2018 to 2024 majorly driven by the growing innovations in semiconductors. Further, the growing emphasis towards high efficiency utilization of energy products is also set to propel the market growth in the future.
What is Silicon EPI Wafer?
Silicon EPI Wafer is a semiconducting wafer used for the manufacturing of integrated circuits. At an advanced scale, the silicon wafer is blended with epitaxial growth that is deposition of a crystalline layer over a crystalline-based semiconductor substrate, hence the name Silicon EPI wafer, which acts as a high purity layer with room for the formation of thick dopes. Globally, development of efficient and advanced technology, rising demand for electronic devices including laptops, tablets, gaming consoles, smartphones, flourishing electronics and semiconductor industry, and advantageous properties of semiconductors are the prime growth drivers of the Silicon EPI Wafer.
Silicon wafers are vital components that are deployed in the manufacturing process of several semiconductor components. They are the elementary building blocks for the semiconductors which are employed in smallest sensor in a light bulb to the most advanced electronic system such as space shuttle.
This report gives an in-depth assessment of Silicon EPI Wafer market by product type, by wafer size, by equipment, by reactor, by application, and by geography.
What are the major applications of Silicon EPI Wafer?
Silicon wafers can be molded into various sizes for numerous applications that include fabrication of photoelectric cells, integrated circuits, sensors, MEMS, and various others in consumer electronics, automotive, telecommunication, healthcare. The upcoming wave of 5G technology, will place prominent demand for Si EPI wafer based devices by telecom sector, ranging from usage in base station servers to mobile devices and routers.
Market Research and Market Trends of Silicon EPI Wafer
- The patents were actively registered from 2013 to 2017, is a growing trend majorly due to increasing research activities within semiconductor companies.
- NAND and logic components have emerged as the major contributors in the Silicon EPI Wafer market.
- French company Soitec, has been very active in expanding its boundaries and is ready to lead in the manufacturing of Si EPI wafers.
Who are the Major Players in Silicon EPI Wafer?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes SIL’TRONIX Silicon Technologies (France), American Elements (U.S.), SILTRONIC (Germany), Wafer Works (Taiwan), and others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.