The Worldwide containerboard industry is one of the leading sectors in the paper and packaging industry, with a total market value of $30 billion. Various end user industries such as the FMCG, Electronics, E-Commerce, Chemicals, etc which are rapidly evolving require customized, light-weight and sustainable packaging solutions to cater to increasing demands for protection of goods, convenience of storage, stacking and transport and environment friendly packages. The containerboard market of today, is required to meet heavy customer demands with customized requirements which necessitates major innovations in cost effective production techniques, material design and sustainable manufacturing; while being constrained with governmental and industrial regulations.
What is Containerboard?
Containerboards are fiber based derivatives that manufactured from virgin cellulose fibre (kraftliner) or from recycled fibres or a combination of both. These are used to manufacture boxes and corrugated containers. It is estimated that more than 95% of all US based produce are transported in corrugated boxes made of containerboard. This huge demand is due to its recognized strength for transport of all types of products as it protects the inside contents from external forces (side and top pressure) while withstanding and environmental impact. Its convenience of stacking and transport of products, and the usage recycled materials in its production is an added advantage
Market Research and Market Trends of Containerboard Market
- The manufacturers understand that in order to exploit new markets and gain new customers, they need to be at the forefront of new innovative products and innovative production techniques.
- Majority of the key players are engaged in innovating sustainable, durable and resource efficient containerboard products. For example, SCA Containerboard is aiming to develop moisture resistant solutions catering to different use cases such as in the food/agriculture segment. Furthermore, cases wherein fresh produce is needed to be stored in varying humidity, temperature and moisture levels, containerboards are being designed to withstand such variations, protect the produce and keeping it fresh, and most importantly ensuring the integrity of its structure and outer graphics
- Another key area where the companies are innovating is the manufacturing of containerboards from recycled materials and water, with the theme of ‘environment friendly’ in mind. Even the manufacturing process is becoming an increased focus of sustainable and resource efficient production techniques such as the one employed by KapStone’s Cowpens mill, SC.
- Client requirements include lightweight and high performance grade materials which leads to cost and space reduction while being sustainable and environment friendly. Oji Fibre had developed HiGOLD performance kraft liner which provided light-weighting opportunities.
Who are the Major Players in Containerboard Market?
The major manufacturers and production companies that contribute to the majority of the market share are International Paper, Georgia- Pacific Corp, Stora Enso, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget (SCA), Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) and Kapstone
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.