The Social Media Contextual Advertising is estimated to grow at a CAGR of more than 30% during 2018 to 2023. In 2017 Facebook dominated the social media contextual advertising market capturing approximately 68% of the total market. The mobile display advertising revenues in the social media contextual advertising market is inclining with almost 60% year on year growth in 2017.
The growth in the display advertising is majorly driven due to increased traffic from the video sharing sites. With the declining data costs and inclining mobile users in developing nations such as Brazil, India, etc. the market is anticipated to experience a healthy growth during the forecast period.
What is Social Media Contextual Advertising?
Social media contextual advertising is an advertising model where people are targeted based on their browsing behaviour. This Marketing and advertising platforms provide relevant advertisements targeting a particular set of audience. The major advantage of targeted advertising is it reduces the annoying advertisement provided and also increases the conversion rates and clickthroughs.
This is limited only social networking sites that act as platform providers for advertising. Behavioural targeting is usually conducted throughout ad networks of affiliated Web sites. This usually extracts content from the social media websites and uses artificial intelligence to analyze the relevant audience and displays relevant advertisements. Free online advertising in contextual advertising networks is limited. Majority of the contextual advertising companies make money through user data and their relevant network data or their advertising networks.
Different models of charging the businesses or individuals include pay per click advertising or ppc advertising or ppc marketing, pay per action and adspace.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of Social Media Contextual Marketing- by Type of Data Source, By End Use Industry, By Deployment, by payment Method and By Geography
Market Research and Market Trends of Social Contextual Marketing Ecosystem
- The Social Contextual market in the US indicates the future development of the global market. The revenue generated from mobiles is increasing exponentially in all the regions. A look at the current social media network landscape shows a trend towards mobile social networks like Instagram or Snapchat, whose usability concentrates on mobile devices. While Instagram is monetized moderately at the moment, Snapchat does not record any appreciable turnover yet.
- Chat Application such as Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger have not yet been monetised to a greater extent and are still in the testing phases. We Chat in the only chat application that has been monetized to a greater extent relatively and these chat applications are anticipated to have huge impact on the market and will drive the mobile revenue strongly once they are monetized.
- One of the main trends within Social Contextual market would be integration of commerce and payment solutions within social networks. Buy buttons, localization of payment solutions. For instance, p2p payment methods can be found in Chinese messaging apps like WeChat visibly increasing user engagement, conversions and allow advanced targeting.
- Increasing processing power and bandwidth allow new formats like live broadcasting, 360° or virtual reality videos that will make this advertising environment increasingly attractive. The main driver of future developments is technology. 5G connections will be up to 100 times faster than today’s mobile telecommunications technologies. These developments will allow complex video ads to be displayed.
Who are the Major Players in Social Media & Contextual Marketing?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Facebook, WhatsApp, QQ, WeChat, QZone, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, Baidu Tieba, Skype, Viber, Sina Weibo, LINE, Snapchat, YY, VKontakte (VK), Pinterest, LinkedIn, Telegram, Reddit, Taringa, Foursquare, Renren, Tagged, Badoo, Myspace, StumbleUpon, The Dots, Kiwibox, Skyrock, Delicious, Snapfish, ReverbNation, Flixster, Care2, CafeMom, Ravelry, Nextdoor, Wayn, Cellufun, YouTube, Vine, Classmates, MyHeritage, Viadeo, Xing, Xanga, LiveJournal, Friendster, Funny or Die, Gaia Online, We Heart It, Buzznet, DeviantArt, Flickr, MeetMe, Meetup, Tout, Mixi, Douban etc.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Value ($M) data given at country level – for type of data, by end use industry, by payment and by deployment.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial bench-marking and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry value chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.