The Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) market recorded annual revenue of $49 billion in 2017 is projected to grow at a CAGR of 14.9% during the forecast period 2018-2023. The Radar sensor segment is the major segment for ADAS market due to its sensor technology, recording annual revenue of $1.58 billion in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.2%. The high demand for radar sensors can be attributed to the advantages offered by these sensors in various vehicle applications. Passenger vehicles has the major share in the global market by recording annual revenue of $45.62 billion in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 14.4% during the forecast period. Asia-Pacific is the dominating region for the global ADAS market recording annual revenue of $18.29 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow rapidly at a CAGR of 18.9%.
What is Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)?
Advance Driver Assistance Systems is a set of systems used in vehicles to provide a smart, safe and comfortable driving experience to the users. When designed with a safe human machine interface, these systems are much safer in terms of car safety and road safety. Most accidents are caused due to human error, so Advance Driver Assistance Systems assist to adapt, automate and enhance vehicles for safety and better driving.
Safety features are designed to avoid crashes and accidents by offering technologies that alert the driver to potential problems, or to avoid accidents by executing safeguards and taking over control of the vehicle. The features include adaptive cruise control, incorporate GPS/ traffic warnings, automatic braking, connect to smartphones, automatic lighting, and alert drivers of other cars when in dangers, lane departure warning system and others.
What are the major applications for Advance Driver Assistance Systems?
The various end users assessed include Automotive Navigation System, Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems, Adaptive Cruise Control System, Blind Spot Detection System, Forward Collision Mitigation System (FCMS), Emergency Braking System, Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), Driver Drowsiness Detection, Electronic Stability Control and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Advance Driver Assistance Systems
Sensor Fusion: Most of the sensors such as radar, a camera, ultrasonic and Lidar employed in the ADAS systems perform multitude of tasks and consume lot of energy and each sensor has its own limitation. To overcome these issues researchers are combining sensors to produce a more reliable and efficient output. A proper driving strategy is developed with the information acquired from the sensors providing maximum driver safety and convenience.
New designs and technology in LiDAR: Manufacturers are developing new technologies from popularly used sensors such as LiDAR. For instance, DENSO, had launched, a linear LIDAR that that scans the beam horizontally. The company had also introduced a small-scaled and low-cost linear LIDAR which was commercialized in the automotive industry from 2015. This system was adopted by DAIHATSU's collision avoidance assistance system providing better safety for the driver as well the pedestrians.
Artificial Intelligence: Artificial intelligence is being employed alongside sensor systems, enabling real time threat classification and decision making by combining and analyzing the data from multiple sensory inputs. This type of technology alerts the drivers before they know they are even feeling sleepy, or the car can be brought to a safe place in the case where the operator ignores the warnings and dozes off. Apart from dozing off scenario, the technology also helps the driver to handover when using a phone, while eating or drinking, reading and especially when holding a baby.
- Mobileye, an Israel company has produced ‘Environmental Model’. In this model, a fully autonomous car will have sensors all around the car. Those sensors will interpret the driving scene with a 360-degree awareness. Highly accurate maps than GPS allow vehicles to locate themselves relative to lanes and road boundaries, to maintain a safe path under all circumstances. This ‘Environmental Model’ will detect, recognize, and categorize moving objects, drivable paths, barriers and guard rails, pavement markings, traffic signs and traffic lights, and know where each path leads. The vehicle utilizes Artificial Intelligence and deep learning to understand how to act on the rich information in a way that is similar to human driving.
Who are the Major Players in Advance Driver Assistance Systems market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Denso Corporation, Omron Corporation, Continental AG, TRW Automotive Holdings Corp., Magna International Inc., Mobileye, Gentex Corporation, Hyundai Mobis, VOXX International Corporation, QNX Software Systems and more than 20 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.